All in General Outdoors Top Sites

Freshwater Fish ID
Saltwater Fish ID

First timer to the IR and looking for fishing advice

General Discussion about anything fishing related

First timer to the IR and looking for fishing advice

Postby kevinmanuel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:44 am

HI,

I'm going to be visiting the IR in Sept ish of 2017. I'm going with a couple of other guys who've been there once before, but this will be my first time there.My fishing goals are pretty simple since this isn't a dedicated fishing trip. The idea would be something I get to do maybe a little bit here or there. I don't really care what I catch, but I'd like to catch something. Ideally, it'd be nice to provide a fish dinner for us once or twice on the trip, but that means more cooking equipment too so I can easily be talked out of that as well.I'm an experienced fisherman, but mostly with a fly rod in rivers. I haven't done much fishing in open water like this. I've got a little packable spinning rod that's small and lightweight and I think that'd be a better choice than my fly rod. Where I'm really lacking is knowing what types of lures, jigs, rubber worms, spoons or whatever to bring with me. Put me in a river or a small pond with a fly rod and I can figure it out. Put me on the IR with all that big water and I'm going to start feeling more than a little lost.I've been looking all over the internet and searching wherever I can to find any information so any advice on catching some fish would be greatly appreciated.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-
https://isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3306
Video content production service

Thanks
kevinmanuel
Minnow

Return to General Fishing Discussion