GFF Newsletter
SignUp

Email:

Lake Berryessa fishing report

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.

Lake Berryessa fishing report

Postby sporting-gent » Mon May 21, 2007 8:38 pm

I just got back from a four day trip to Lake Berryessa and what a time we had. Fishing was very good. Bass were hitting texas rigged four in craw dads and six inch kuttail senkos in watermelon all four days. The water is very clear with visibility down to ten feet or better and vegetation made even my weedless jigs pull in mates of growth, but the T rig with 1/4 oz bullet waits worked great. Tried some top water in the morning and evening and also tried ripping but not to much action there. We also caught several fish drop shoting three and four inch robo worm leaches in Arrons magic. Nothing huge but a good number of fish in the one to three pound range.

Trout were hitting on spinners and spoons cast right from the shore. We also caught a few crappie while trying for bass and trout.

We never made much of an attempt at catfish. By the time the sun went down each night we had changed gears to drinking and story telling and the long hours on the water followed by beer with tequila chasers caused us to loose focus in the evenings. I guess I am not as young as I used to be.
sporting-gent
Outdoorsman

Postby allingeneral » Tue May 22, 2007 8:22 am

None of us are as young as we used to be...and tequila chasers will get ya no matter how young you think you are!

Sounds like a nice time you had. Thanks for the report!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
AIG Outdoors and Tactical Supply
Discount Fish Tackle

http://maglitesales.com
allingeneral
Site Admin

Return to Fishing Reports