- Free Tackle
- Charter Listings
- Saltwater Tides

CURRENT MOON

All in General Outdoors Top Sites

Freshwater Fish ID
Saltwater Fish ID

Nike announces release date for air max 1 royal sneakers

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.

Nike announces release date for air max 1 royal sneakers

Postby Hayes » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:08 am

The nike shoes sale sneakers are bulky, but not in the over-the-top way that would put them in conversation with the ugly sneaker trend. Rather, the HyperAdapt 1. 0 is a sneaker that looks from the future even before you lace 'em up. (Or, you know, they lace themselves. ) And in this new royal blue hue, they make you look like you're ready for the 3018 Olympics. But at $720, the kicks—which Nike itself categorizes as a concept sneaker not truly intended for athletic wear—are for now just a really expensive party trick. Luckily, Nike has hinted that future models will be more affordable. So, despite the wow factor, the Nike HyperAdapt 1. 0 still has room to improve. It's important to note that the kicks are not quite fully automated; you have to use two buttons near the top lace loop to adjust tightness, though you can set your desired fit, which they will return to every time you put them on your feet. And Nike is still looking for ways to improve its E. A. R. L. system (a suitably retro-futuristic acronym that stands for Electro Adaptive Reactive Lacing), ideally so it can adapt to your foot in real time. And that would truly be a revolution for footwear. It would mean no more stopping during timeouts, or pausing a run to re-lace your kicks, while also having massive implications for the cheap nike shoes community, too. But considering it took Nike 25 years to get the self-lacing thing down at all...we're not holding our breath on the tech's next massive improvement. Then again, betting against Nike to serve up game-changing tech is never a smart idea. In the meantime, we'll be over here not lacing our sneakers. "I was that kid at camp sitting at the lanyard table all day, " designer Katherine Entis tells me with a laugh, phoning in from her home in Portland, Oregon. "I’ve just always liked to make things with my hands. "

Now, after cheap nike shoes sale three years of exploring the more industrial side of textile design as a color designer at Nike, the RISD grad (she studied painting and textiles) is setting out on her own, channeling her undying love for craft into Soft Century, a line of rugs, wall hangings, knit paintings, and more. Needless to say, her hands are busier than ever. We caught up with the fledgling West Coast talent to find out what she's working on, where she's finding inspiration, and why she decided to trade high-tech for high craft. I was a color designer at Nike for three years. Most of what I was doing there was creating seasonal palettes for women's sportswear apparel. It was all about trying to highlight material innovation through color. For example, I worked a lot with tech knit, which is an engineered knit. I worked on the Olympic medal jackets for the Rio Olympics, maybe you saw them. The sleeves had this color reveal where when you move, the knit stretches to show the color underneath. When I moved to Portland, I brought my knitting machine with me. I drove across the country with it and set up a studio right away. But it wasn't until this last year that I started taking off with it. Before that, it was more just an outlet. I was making a lot of knit paintings. This last year I just started making these larger-scale woven and knit pieces. I only started weaving at this large scale in this last nine months. I was really inspired by Azilal rugs that are made in Morocco—each one tells the story of the woman who made it. I liked the idea of making these larger, more impactful pieces. I’d been making the knit paintings for a while—thinking about knits as a painting you hang on the wall. And I started to think of wovens in the same way, experimenting with embroidery on top of woven to get the cheap nike trainers mens feeling of a painting.
Hayes
Minnow

Return to Fishing Reports