GFF Newsletter
SignUp

Email:

Rappahannock River, Virginia - 3/24/2007

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.

Rappahannock River, Virginia - 3/24/2007

Postby allingeneral » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:00 pm

Well, the cold front was moving through today and I was wondering if I might get rained on, but I thought that it would be a great day to get out on the river and try to catch a fish.

It was my first outing of the year. I took my two lovely daughters and my wonderful girlfriend in hopes that one of us would bring home some dinner.

Although the sky was overcast and the tide was flowing out, there was no joy in Mudville today. I caught the lone fish of the day and it was a 2lb blue catfish. It was the perfect size to fry up, but without a couple of his friends to join him, I just put him back in the river for another day. We stayed out until the tide started oming back in and we gave it up for the day. Maybe we'll have better luck next time.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
AIG Outdoors and Tactical Supply
Discount Fish Tackle

http://maglitesales.com
allingeneral
Site Admin

Postby boudreauxsbaits.com » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:35 pm

My last 3 outings have not been worth getting up for but that is how it goes. How is the new boat?
boudreauxsbaits.com
Trail Guide

Postby allingeneral » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:24 am

We didn't take the new boat. I'm trying to decide if I even want to take it on the river. I think the new one may have to be the "Play on the lake" boat and I'll keep the little boat for going out on the river. Not really sure yet. Either way, the new boat doesn't have registration numbers on it yet....still waiting on the state to get them to me.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
AIG Outdoors and Tactical Supply
Discount Fish Tackle

http://maglitesales.com
allingeneral
Site Admin

Return to Fishing Reports