GFF Newsletter
SignUp

Email:

Tournament at the Delta

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.

Tournament at the Delta

Postby sporting-gent » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:39 am

I fished a small club tourney at the delta near Stockton on Saturday. It was tough. The wind played a major factor as is was blowing twenty miles an hour most of the day. We fished in protected areas for most of the day around docks in coves and secluded marinas. I caught one on a spinner bait, one on a kuttail senko and missed a few on various other baits. Had a nice one break off.

The winning team had over sixteen pounds and thats a samll limit for that area. Everybody was a bit disappointed with the fishing but still had a great time. The wind made the fishing really tough but still had a great time.

Some fish caught early in the morning with buzz baits ans spooks. Some caught on spinners. Soft plastics ranged from sweet beavers to lizards to senkos. A little of everything and colors varied widely. THere was no perfect bait that day.
sporting-gent
Outdoorsman

Postby boudreauxsbaits.com » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:41 am

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!

Well maybe not with your job! :biggrin:
boudreauxsbaits.com
Trail Guide

Postby sporting-gent » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 pm

I don't think I have ever had a bad day of fishing but if it happens I will let you know.

"Often, I've been exhausted on trout streams, uncomfortable, wet, cold, briar-scarred, sunburned, mosquito-bitten, but never, with a flyrod in my hand, have I been unhappy."

Charles Kuralt
sporting-gent
Outdoorsman

Return to Fishing Reports