CURRENT MOON

All in General Outdoors Top Sites

Freshwater Fish ID
Saltwater Fish ID

my hands on Monday night

Question or comments about functionality of this forum, etc - Ask here

my hands on Monday night

Postby lasky1994 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Skipping down the left hand side of the escalator, wearing capri tights and an ultra vest with a bottle of Evian tucked into the pocket, I’m going for the “Urban Adventure Nike Air Max 2017 Damen Jogger” look; instead, I’m probably coming across as one of those people who bounce up and down at traffic lights.

Crowds of people flow slowly through Euston station. I feel as if I’m at the beginning of a big city marathon and I’ve got the start time wrong. I reach the platform as a train arrives, unloading passengers. Awkwardly, I wait for them to clear before I snap a “selfie” by the underground sign, tap the yellow line with my foot, and scamper back up the stairs. An announcement asks passengers to report any suspicious behaviour; if I don’t fall into that category, I’m not sure what does. Adidas Tubular Mujer An hour later, I’ve repeated this six more times and covered a grand total of three miles. This could be a long day.The concept comes from coach Rory Coleman: an “anytime” marathon challenge covering more than 42km around Zone 1, visiting the Nike Roshe Run Dames platforms (and stairs) of 42 underground stations along the way. A friend of a friend completed the “UnderRound” in February and the idea had been lurking ever since. I’d got in touch with her, floating the idea that I’d try it when I’d got a bit more time in the summer. “I would 100% recommend this,” she gushes, but adds: “Don’t wait until the summer, it’ll be too hot!” I fire off an email to Coleman, who sells his custom route maps for a tenner, and send out a message to my London running friends; they’re not as gullible as me, but offer to hand me some snacks if I’m near their offices.

With Nike Air Pegasus 83 Donna a huge booklet of maps in my hands on Monday night, I call Coleman to ask him a few questions. He says that the challenge came about when a London-based client wanted to know how to incorporate some hill training into his routes. “If he had lived Nike Cortez Femme in the Lake District, he could have run the Bob Graham Round,” he explains, “so, instead of going up, I suggested he run down into the underground.” “How many times have you run it?” I ask. “Once was enough.” He completed it in 2008 in five hours, 24 minutes and, since then, a leaderboard has evolved on his website to chart challengers’ times. He assures me that, if I go under seven hours, he’ll include my name in the rankings.
lasky1994
Trail Guide

Return to Forum related questions/comments