CURRENT MOON

All in General Outdoors Top Sites

Freshwater Fish ID
Saltwater Fish ID

How we became innovators and shoe designers at Nike

Question or comments about functionality of this forum, etc - Ask here

How we became innovators and shoe designers at Nike

Postby BrettTart » Tue May 08, 2018 5:25 am

This interview has been lightly edited for brevity and clarity.How often do we put on a pair of tennis nike air max 97 rose gold womens shoes and think deeply about the way they are constructed and designed? For Roger Chen and Bret Schoolmeester, that question provides the framework for their jobs.Chen, senior director of advanced design and NXT innovation, and Schoolmeester, senior director for Nike’s global running footwear, worked together on Nike’s latest innovating project: the new Nike Flyprint, a 3D-printed performance shoe. They watched their project cross the finish line this month when Kenyan runner Eliud Kipchoge won the London Marathon … in a pair of Flyprint shoes.

air max 97 undefeated for sale USA TODAY caught up with Chen and Schoolmeester to discuss everything from mentors to innovation to, well, running.I order the sugariest latte they have on the menu. I was debating on lying and saying I order jet-black coffee, since that’s how I’d like to view myself, but in all reality Within Nike, my early managers Tim Pacholke and Rob Barnette. They both taught me different ways of listening, leading and how to collaborate and partner up with others over the years. Outside of work, my biggest inspiration would be Bob Dylan — I was an aspiring songwriter and musician and always wanted to be the next — well, the first — Asian Bob Dylan. Maybe Bob will read this article, and I can actually meet him one day?

nike air max 90 womens sale cheap Bret: Within Nike, I’ve taken a lot of learning from Phil McCartney, who was the head of running footwear my first years, and is now the head of all footwear. Outside of Nike, my college coach, Mark Wetmore, taught me more about just how to think and to solve problems and address issues and also just taught me a lot about running overall.
BrettTart
Minnow

Return to Forum related questions/comments