CURRENT MOON

All in General Outdoors Top Sites

Freshwater Fish ID
Saltwater Fish ID

hungry, wet or tired

Question or comments about functionality of this forum, etc - Ask here

hungry, wet or tired

Postby lasky1994 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 am

But that’s what we did. On a treadmill. Battered by wind and sea salt. In the middle of the sea. As this film demonstrates, making the race a reality was no Cheap Nike Black Friday easy feat, as storms, logistics and poor DIY skills did their best to sink us at each opportunity. But it was unforgettable and, in some ways, embodies the only type of exploration left to us in a ‘discovered’ world: to strike out for the known, and reinvigorate it with a sense of adventure, humour and creativity.As I picked up the proof of my first book, 50 Races to Run Before You Die, I felt an overwhelming tingle of excitement. This isn’t just a list book, but rather a collection of memories that describe my love affair with running. I have Nike Air Max 2017 Femme run every one of the races I’ve written about – more than 2,700 miles’ worth, across five continents and 15 countries. Along the way, I’ve learned a thing or two. So here are ten.

1. Carrying your wife is an art form

A race of 380m, with 15m of ascent/descent – although they might not sound like Nike Air Max Thea Dames impressive figures for a race, you’ll think differently when you’ve got your head being squeezed in a death grip between your “wife”’s thighs as you clamber over bails of hay while buckets of freezing cold water are thrown over you. But that’s what makes the UK Wife-Carrying Race so special, and bang for buck, perhaps the best race I’ve ever done. But don’t be fooled into thinking it’s easy. The preferred method for carrying your wife, the Estonian hold, is an art form that requires a lot of practice. After thousands of miles of painful research, Nike Air Max Command Femme I firmly believe that if I’m going to suffer, I might as well do it in a stunning location. And if ever those words rang true, it was during the Lavaredo ultra trail in the Dolomites. “It’s only 119km,” I said to myself as I signed up for what is quickly becoming one of Europe’s most popular Nike Air Max 90 Femme ultras. “It can’t be that difficult.” Oh, how wrong I was. As my legs became more and more weary and the voice in my head said “please stop”, the only thing that kept me going was the fact that every corner I turned gave me a view more beautiful than the last.

3. Never let your other half get cold, hungry, wet or tired. Unless it’s the ?till?

I love my wife dearly, but due to her lack of confidence in my navigational abilities and a dislike of the cold/wet, we avoid doing certain types of races together for fear that they would end in divorce.Nike Internationalist Donna So why we thought it was a good idea to take part in the ?till? in Sweden – one of the world’s toughest one-day endurance events – a week before our wedding is anyone’s guess. Still, despite the 10C water temperatures, we look back on this event – in which we swam and ran 75km across 26 islands, Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 Donnanever further than 10m apart the entire time – as one of the greatest things we have ever done together, second only to having a child.
lasky1994
Trail Guide

Return to Forum related questions/comments