GFF Newsletter
SignUp

Email:

 

 

Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.

Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Postby allingeneral » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm

Alright, so I'm on a Chincoteague kick this week. That's because I'm here! :)

I stopped by Captain Bob's Marina today and was pleasantly surprised by the place. They have a nice assortment of fishing tackle and nautical novelties, boat rental, charter boats for hire, a launch ramp and just about everything you need for a good day of fishing the area.

As I scoped the place out, I noticed that there were a lot of pictures of huge flounder everywhere I looked. I spoke with the guy that was running the place and he said that there was a citation sized flounder that was brought in today. I wish I could remember how big it was... 8 pounds or something, I think he said.

Anyway, there is good fishing to be had around here and Captain Bob's is a great place to start. You can visit their website - Captain Bob's Marina - Chincoteague, Virginia

Tight lines!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
User avatar
allingeneral
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Postby SeaKitten » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:09 pm

Did they have any jewelry?

I'd be really interested in that.

:yes:
Shelley Sandlin
User avatar
SeaKitten
mmmhhmmmmmm
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:57 am

Re: Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Postby allingeneral » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:14 pm

SeaKitten wrote:Did they have any jewelry?

I'd be really interested in that.

:yes:


They had some shark's teeth necklaces and some other stuff. I was trying to get information about fishing, so didn't spend a whole lot of time looking at the "jewelry section". :) I did find out that there are flounder everywhere though...did I already mention that? We need a double hook setup with a sinker at the bottom...hang a squid from the bottom hook and a minnow from the top hook, which also has a chartreuse bucktail on it. Drift along and let the weight bounce along the bottom...or something like that.

:fishing:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
User avatar
allingeneral
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Postby RACN35 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:22 am

Giver her a pearl necklace Rick-

Check into the prices for going back for a TUNA trip ...... Usually for 6 guests.
I would be in for that and have several buddies who would be too......drive up and meet you back there
maybe in the fall when the fish are closer inshore -
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
Image
User avatar
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Courtland Virginia

Re: Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Postby allingeneral » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:43 am

Let's be respectful now! :whistle:

Your fishing trip idea sounds like a good one. hmmm..
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
User avatar
allingeneral
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Postby RACN35 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:27 am

I was .........YOU have a dirty dirty mind young man

(90% Wouldnt get it that way anyway, just you and the other 10%)
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
Image
User avatar
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Courtland Virginia

Re: Captain Bob's Tackle Shop - Chincoteague

Postby allingeneral » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:36 am

lol it's the salty old sailor in me...you know how it is. Aaaaanyway... The tackle shop is a nice place. If you go to Chincoteague, be sure to stop by! :)
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
User avatar
allingeneral
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm
Location: Virginia


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Your doctor will need to check your skin on a regular basisAldara over the counter You may develop new lesions during treatment with imiquimod topical.

cron