The Fish Whisperer

Go ahead...stretch the truth! Tell us *your* favorite fish story.
captmary
Minnow

The Fish Whisperer

Post by captmary »

This one isn’t about me, but about my husband. Since a friend and I were witness to it, both of us boobed, I figured it was ok to share here.
We head out on a beautiful south Florida day. No wind, no clouds. My first time fishing in the big pond. I was excited to say the least. We wound up trolling ourselves all the way to Bimini without so much as a bite. So much for a day of fishing.
How could I really complain though. The water was amazing and the company was grand. I announced as we approached the island that we would simply fish our way back home later. We spent the afternoon playing around Bimini and then packed up and began our journey home.
About 4 miles off the coast, we saw birds. Birds, I learned are my friends greatest friend when it comes to fishing. She gets all sorts of excited when she sees them. Especially when they are diving into the water. The funny thing is, they got me excited too because she shared with me her love for the diving birds. Diving birds = FISH! Lines out, we slowed down and suddenly we actually SEE dolphin. A whole school of them. Stop the boat, toss out the rest of the lines and we had fish on literally everywhere. There were only 3 of us on the boat .
As fast as we could drop one line in, we were pulling another out of the water with a fish. They were small, but hell, I didn’t care, I was catching fish in the big pond. At one point, my friend and I each had fish on. Each holding a pole, my friend trying to net one of the two fish so we could get them in the boat when suddenly, a dolphin jumped into our boat. Yes. Right out of the water and onto the deck. My friend and I stopped in mid net and completely were baffled. “Holy crap, the fish are jumping INTO the boat” Until she noticed the line in the jumping fish’s mouth. This one belonged to my hub. Who was quietly fishing off the other side. We look over to see him, rod in hand, staring into the water trying to see under the boat. “Ummm babe, no need to look for it down there. We have it over here with us.”
That was a fishing story to beat all fishing stories. He not only caught them, he trained them to jump into the boat on their own. If only we had left the fish box open, the hard work would have taken care of itself.
Happy Fishing.
There is nothing I love more than fishing except catching
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: The Fish Whisperer

Post by RACN35 »

You go girl ! Glad you & your girlfriend are both "boobed" ! We wouldnt have it any other way !
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
roel88
Minnow

Post by roel88 »

CaptmaryI was waiting for another cool fishing story from you :fishing: That was indeed classic,i bet hubby is still laughing to this days when you talk about that.
MizzouGirl1985
Minnow

Post by MizzouGirl1985 »

This is outrageous. LOL. Nice.

Return to “Fish Stories and Humor”