Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fort Lauderdale Fishing Topshotfishing Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak
mixed steve1.jpg
mixed steve1.jpg (48.99 KiB) Viewed 1584 times

Stephen Webber, along with his wife, Eleanor, their children, Tie and Alexis, and a friend, Gregg, chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, at Bahia Mar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316. As Stephen and his family boarded the boat, he said that he wanted to catch some eating fish, preferably, Mahi Mahi’s. I replied that for the last few days, it has been very slow with the Mahi Mahi fishing but we would safe some time to go in search of the Mahi Mahi’s.

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. If you venture off another ¼ of a mile you will find yourself in 500 ft. of water due to our extreme drop off. We started out trolling with two #8 plainers, both with double hooked Bonito strips. For surface baits, we went with four Ballyhoos.

As I trolled to the southeast of Fort Lauderdale, the first strike was on one of the plainer rods which produced a nice 12 lb. Kingfish. Alexis was the angler and she did a good job bringing in her fish. Thereafter, the anglers took turns and caught a total of six Kingfish.

You do not leave fish to find fish but we went off shore in search of Mahi Mahi’s. After 1 ½ hours trolling off shore out to 850 ft. of water and no luck, I decided to back to fishing the reefs. I went back to where we were catching fish before and immediately the action began, bringing in one fish after another. With a total of 14 Kingfish and 8 Bonitos, it was now time to head back to the dock.

The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, while watching the plasma TV. At the dock, our mate, Dave, filet out the Kingfish which added up to more than 50 lbs. Stephen remarked, “Job well done, Captain” – “Thanks Stephen”

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

f

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”