Deep Sea Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Tiger

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Deep Sea Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Tiger

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale with Topshotfishing and Capt. Zsak

Four generations of the Delashmutt have been fishing with me, and I have watched each generation grow up to be excellent anglers. To me, the Delashmutt are a part of the Topshotfishing team family.
Sail Ann s.jpg
Sail Ann s.jpg

Champ Delashmutt along with his son, Jacob, and Champ’s sister and brother-in-law, Anna & Don Grinder, and their children, Courtlan and Jackson, chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Winds were out of the east at 12-16 mph, seas running 3-5 ft., temperatures in the mid 80’s.

We stopped on the way out of the inlet to purchase some live Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait. Fifteen minutes later, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. We started off trolling with two plainers down and four surface baits. Our first strike was on the plainer rod and the fish came up jumping – Mahi Mahi!!! Jackson was the angler and he reeled in a 15 ft. Mahi Mahi – a perfect catch to be served on tonight’s dinner plate. We trolled around with a couple of swings and misses with Jacob catching a 12 lb. Barracuda, which was released.

There was a slight color change starting to form with a rip on it south of Fort Lauderdale in 195 ft. of water. This was the place to put out the kites and do some live bait fishing. We put two kites out with two live Goggle Eyes from each kite and one from the rigger. We told fish war stories, especially about their Great Grandfather, Charles, and what a fantastic angler he was. With fifteen minutes left in the charter, the black shadow appeared on the short right kite bait. This Sailfish was not aggressive at all. Immediately I yelled down to Dave, our mate, to splash the bait on the surface to entice the Sailfish to feed. The Sailfish made the mistake – he ate the bait and the fun started – hooked up!!!! Jackson was the angler and jumped into the fighting chair. The Sailfish came out of the water showing his pure energy and exposing his bright neon colors from the reflection of the sun. What a show!!!! Twenty minutes later, our mate, Dave, grabbed the leader, pictures were taken of the Sailfish, hook was removed, and the Sailfish swam away to do battle again.

The fish gods smiled one more time on the Delashmutt. The family enjoyed the relaxing trip back in the a/c salon to the Bahia Mar Dock, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”