Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Off Shore Fishing Fort Lauderdale Topshotfishing Happy Day T

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak
Mixed Britt (2).jpg
Mixed Britt (2).jpg (16.92 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
Brett, Kate, Blake, Brad, Pat and Nelson from Canada chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep-sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The guys were looking for good fishing action, and that is what we set out to accomplish.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. I headed offshore south of Fort Lauderdale where there had been some decent fishing action the day before. We started the charter trolling the reef using our best spread of 4 surface lines which included three Ballyhoos and one surface chugger bait, along with a deep planner line, using a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and a sea witch with a Bonita strip.

As we were trolling south of Fort Lauderdale, I moved out to deeper waters and then back to shallower waters, looking for a current edge, a color change and, of course, bait fish, either flying fish or schools of Ballyhoos. Once we marked the bait on the sounder, I started getting bites around the 200 ft. of water depth. All the guys took turns catching Bonitas and Kingfish.

We stopped on a wreck and wanted to fish for a Shark. We put a Kingfish head on a 12/0 circle hook with a 2 pound lead, and we sent the bait down to the bottom. After an hour trying to catch a Shark, we didn't get a bite.

It was now time to head back to the dock. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep-sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”