Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sport Fishing Off Shore Fort Lauderdale Topshotfishing Happy

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak
Mixed Bag Ben.jpeg
Mixed Bag Ben.jpeg (49.05 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
Andrew Berry, along with his son, Ben, age 7, and grandpa, Al, all from Philadelphia chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain JB and mate, Russ, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. If you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you would find yourself in 500 ft. of water, which we exclusively have here in Fort Lauderdale, due to Fort Lauderdale’s extreme drop off. The further north you go, the further the drop off swings off shore.

We started trolling with two plainers down, one with a #8 and the other with a #6 plainer both with sea witches with a double hooked Bonita strip. For surface baits, we went with four Bonito strips. We worked the reef line heading south of Fort Lauderdale in search of bait fish and rip lines. I noticed a couple of birds working towards the east of Ft. Lauderdale. As I got closer to the birds, I could see flying fish being chased. Right long! – as the Mahi Mahi attacked the bait. Ben was our angler. Left long! – another Mahi Mahi, and Andrew was the angler. Ben brought the fish closer to the boat, our mate wired and gaffed a nice Mahi Mahi and placed him in the fish box. Andrew’s fish was 15 feet from the boat, and on his last jump, threw the hook and swam away.

Black shadow on the right long – Sailfish –a swing and a miss with the bill out of the water chasing the bait. Swing and a miss again - this time the Sailfish swam away. As I moved back into the reef line, the planner line tripped. Russ, our mate, reset the planner line quickly. The fish came back, and now we were hooked up. We left the rod in the covering board, while young Ben reeled in a fish almost as big as him – a 53“ Saber Tooth Tiger – a Barracuda. Great job, Ben

It was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. The mate fillet out the Mahi for dinner that night.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”