Goin' fishin' this evenin'

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
allingeneral
Site Admin

Goin' fishin' this evenin'

Post by allingeneral »

I'm going to try out the Potomac River again this evening, hoping for at least one striper. Come on... JUST ONE!!! That's all I ask! I'll come back and post a report of my findings.

Wish me, the wife and the kids some luck!!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

We fished for a short while Sunday night, but the river was so rough,we had to pack it in and find a cove to stay the night in. The next day, we got up and went to the fishin' hole. There were several boats out there, but I didn't see anyone hauling anything in. We got a couple of bites using squid, cut bait and bucktails, but we didn't hook anything. Hopefully, I can get our strategy ironed out a little better as the peak autumn striper fishing season approaches.

Since this was the first big trip with all of the kids and all of the fishing poles, I worked out a way to store the unused fishing poles on the outside deck of the boat. Unfortunately, I forgot that they were there when I went to put the boat on the trailer and one of my big Ugly Stiks got caught up on the trailer roller and snapped in half. That one hurt my feelings a little!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”