1st trip in the new boat -

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

1st trip in the new boat -

Post by RACN35 »

So anyway.......You heard this part already::

KNOT YET............

When I called the BOAT US people last week to re-new my membership and add the new boat to it.
After all the detail info of Make.Model.Lenght.....bla bla bla she asked if there was a boat name ::: I said NOT YET......she said , how do you spell that.....I said K-N-O-T just kidding......my membership card came yesterday and at the bottom it says "Watercraft Name" :: KNOT YET. Things just happen that way I guess....

Anytime you call and ask if I have caught a fish I will have but one reply...........KNOT YET !!

Then I got a call from my BFF Ed, "hey I got your curtains done,bring your boat up for a test fit" did that- they will be done completely by the end of the week......so when I leave the shop I think to my self.......Self::: Take the boat to Owls creek and run the motor some more and tool around Rudee......as I got close to the ocean I could see that it was pretty smooth out ......well theres NO WAY that I am launching the boat without rods now !! I already had some striper tackle loaded in the boat when I added all the safety equip......swung by the house and grabbed a few rods and away I went........ 1 pm~~ out of the inlet I went south just because of the wind(lack there of)- 4000 rpms I run at 40 MPH and I was jumping 1 foot waves like a jet ski.......The boat did awesome a little fast for the task at hand....to catch a fish !! She called:: You got a fish hunny ? KNOT YET I replied.... As I slowed down off Dam Neck navy base I saw the RED flags off the beach so I knew they were having live fire exercises not wanting 50 cal machine gun fire over my head I made a hard turn to port and hauled out offshore about 2 1/2 miles...Ed Called ::: Seen any stripers ? KNOT YET ....once I got out there I saw a few birds picking up scraps from the water but not a massive hive. What the hey, drop lines anyway .......I marked fish right away and tons of bait........out the stbd side went a stretch 25 orange/yellow, port side went a 5 inch umbrella with a 9 inch white shad.....straight out the back dropped a 20 oz mojo white w/ a red skirt........as soon as the mojo felt the bump in 18 feet of the 48* water the stbd rod doubled over and drag screamed ( I am doing all this while on my cell too, the boat drives itself perfectly<Dave calls ::You ready to sell that new boat ?? well ya know what- KNOT YET) I told him I hade a FISH ON & had to go............as soon as I picked up the rod I felt some head shake and I knew it was a sizeable fish, so I just cut the motor and drift dragging bottom with the other two rods........got the fish up front and set the rod in the holder and went for the net........first time out and first fish in the boat all in less than a 1 hour !!! 33 inch bluefish !!! I had an appointment at 3 with whatsherface anyway so I wrapped it up while I was on the plus side and headed in.......to be continued ::::

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Nice job Jamie! Nice to see that you're already putting that new boat to good use! I like the story on the name too. Go get'em! :fishin:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: 1st trip in the new boat -

Post by RACN35 »

Stopped at Ed's and we installed the curtains on the boat. Also I sold my Garmin from the old boat and bought a new side scan sonar unit and got it all installed yesterday - they did it for free at the marina.

The curtains snap to the seat when theres 2 people onboard, and will swing open and snap to the gunnels when there is 3 or 4 people on the boat. I am adding 4 more rod holders and re-fitting the outriggers today........

Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
fishmaster0
Outdoorsman

Re: 1st trip in the new boat -

Post by fishmaster0 »

Great story and great catch. The boat is now christened. This is only going to me one thing. That you are going to catch no fish next year :bangin: . It is just how it works. But I hope you and your new boat have a great season.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”