Fishig Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishig Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak
Sailfish Jan.jpg

Jan Gustafson from Scotland, along with Mike Marra and son, Andy, from New Jersey chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale FL. With winds 10 mph out of the east, seas running 3-4 ft., fifteen minutes after leaving the dock lines were in the water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL in 120 ft. of water.
Sailfish Andy2.jpg

With Sailfish season on, I went right into kite fishing with two live Goggle Eyes from each kite and one from the rigger. While Jan was telling stories of fishing in Scotland, the black shadow appeared on the right short kite. Dorsal fin out of the water and mouth wide open, chasing the live bait. At the same time, another Sailfish appeared on the left short; this one grabbed the bait and came out of the water immediately – a double header, well let me correct that, we did have a double header, but one of them threw the hook. Andy was our angler and hopped into the fighting chair – twenty minutes later, an 87” Sailfish was in the boat for picture taking and then released to fight again.

I went back to the same area, set up two kites again – Sailfish left long!!!! Hooked up!!! Sailfish tail-walking out of the water showing his magnificent power while the sun reflected on his neon color body. Twenty-five minutes later, Jan brought in the 91” Sailfish for picture taking and was released to fight again.

The anglers retired into the a/c salon aboard the Happy Day Today for the trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”