Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Bob Welgreen and wife, Carol, from Connecticut, while vacationing in Fort Lauderdale, FL, chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We had winds out of the east, northeast at 15 mph, seas running 4-5 ft with blue water pushed into the second reef.
sailfish (2).jpg

Bob mentioned to me before we left the dock that he would like to catch a Sailfish so on the way out we stopped to purchase a dozen live Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait. Twenty minutes after leaving the dock, I was sitting on top of one of our 34 artificial wrecks located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This artificial wreck sits in 220 ft. of water, and for the past couple of days has been producing some nice Groupers and Amberjacks. We put a live Goggle Eye down on top of the wreck, and Carol was our first angler. It did not take too long before the rod bent over, as Carol hopped into the fighting chair and 15 minutes later was rewarded with a 45 lb. Amberjack – not a great eating fish but a fantastic fighting fish. It was Bob’s turn and we reset over the wreck. Again the rod bent over as Bob played tug and war for the next twenty minutes with another good size Amberjack – we released this second Amberjack, like the first, to fight again.

From there I decided to put out the kites on top of the wreck so we put out two kites with two live Goggle Eyes from e t of the water, as the Sailfish chased the frantic Goggle Eye around until capturing it. Bob hopped into the fighting chair to do battle as the Sailfish tail-walked on the water while the sun reflected on his neon colors. Twenty-five minutes later the Sailfish was brought to the boat for picture taking and was released.

With a well satisfied customer, it was time to head back to the dock. Bob and Carol retired into the a/c salon for the trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

ach kite and one from the rigger. All four lines went down!!!! Bob and Carol took turns and brought in a total of 4 Bonitos. I was marking the bait fish over the wreck, and with fish around the wreck, you do not leave fish to find fish. We reset again, and then he made his appearance. A black shadow appeared on the right short bait with dorsal fin and bill ou

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”