Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Brian Miller from Chicago and friends, Mike and Joe, chartered the Topshotfishing fishing team to do some big game deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale FL. Winds were out of the east at 7-10 mph, seas running 3-4 ft, temperatures in the low 80’s.

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Ft. Lauderdale, 1.8 miles off shore. If you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you will find yourself in 500 ft. of water due to our extreme drop off. We started off with two #8 plainers, one with a 3 1/2 blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a pink and blue sea witch in front of a double hooked Bonito strip. For surface baits we went with two Bonito strips and two Ballyhoos. I trolled the reefs ranging from 80 ft. out to 180 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale catching three Kingfish ranging from 5-9 lbs.

I could see some birds working off in the distance so I headed towards them. There were some scattered weeds, which I followed for about 1 mile and then found a board. Under the board we caught three Mahi Mahi’s in the five lb. class and two Black Fin Tunas. As I kept trolling the scattered weeds, the right rigger came down and exited the line at a good rate of speed. Brian hopped into the fighting chair; immediately the fish came out of the water and showed his yellow and green colors – belonging to a big Mahi Mahi. Twenty-five minutes later, he brought the fish to the side of the boat where our mate, Vince, gaffed the Mahi Mahi and put it in the boat, weighing in at 29 lbs!!!!!

With plenty of good edible fish to take home, the anglers retired into the a/c salon for a relaxing ride back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”