Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Fl. Happy Day Today

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Deep Sea Fishing Fort Lauderdale Fl. Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak
Sailfish Mike.jpg

Mike Burke, Tom Garret, Matt Dangle and Scan Waters all from New Jersey chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Today winds were out of the east at 14 mph, seas running 3-4 ft., temperatures in the high 80’s.

Mike, being a fisherman from New Jersey, was accustomed to the long time involved in getting to the fishing grounds, so he was happily surprised that fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in the water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. If you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you find yourself in 500 ft. due to our extreme drop off very close to the Fort Lauderdale shore.

As we trolled around, we picked away at some Tunas and Mahi Mah’s. There was a color change forming that was very inviting for live bait kite fishing, so we put up two kites and two live Goggle eyes from each kite. Then the black shadow appeared – Sailfish on the right long kite bait!! He immediately came out of the water and tail-walked away from the boat. This was a full grown Sailfish. All the boys took turn reeling and videoing the event. As the Sailfish got closer to the boat, it was still green and made another run. This time the Sailfish made a complete turn and headed towards the starboard side of the boat. I could see that the Sailfish was traveling at a high speed. If I did not get out of his way, he would wind up in the cockpit!!! As I gave full throttle to get out of the Sailfish’s way, he missed the transom by 5 ft – what an experience that would have been!!!! In my forty years of fishing around the world and catching numerous Black, Blue and Stripe Marlins and Sailfish, this was the closest experience I have ever had of the fish jumping into the boat!!!

After another twenty minutes, the Sailfish was brought to the side of the boat as our mate, Dave, wired and “boated” the fish. Pictures were taken, and the Sailfish was released to fight again.

It was time to head back - all the anglers relaxed in the a/c salon for the trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”