Deep Sea Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Wahoo

Saltwater tips, tricks, ideas and questions
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Deep Sea Sport Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Wahoo

Post by topshotfishing »

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Britt and Brenda Ward from Connecticut along with Gregg and Shelly Fulton from Texas chartered the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea big game sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water by the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, less than 2 miles from shore.

We started out trolling the reefs with four Bonito strips for surface baits and two plainers, one with a pink and blue sea witch and the other with a green and silver sea witch – both had in front a double hooked Bonito strip. I trolled south of Fort Lauderdale to one of the 34 artificial wrecks located in Broward County. These wrecks consist of small barges to 400 ft. freighters and are in depths of water from 60 ft. out to 420 ft. Any type of wreck will hold bait fish and in return the predators will be lurking in the areas.

All anglers took turns bringing in the fish. Our first couple of fish caught were Kingfish followed by Bonitos. I could see a color change out to the east; as I trolled out there, I could see the color of the water changing from a clean green to a deep blue with a strong current and rip. I changed one of the sea witches on the plainer rod to a black and orange sea witch. As I trolled the rip, the right rigger came down – a Mahi Mahi ate the Bonito strip. Gregg was our angler and he brought in the Mahi Mahi. As we kept trolling the rip, the black and orange sea witch on the plainer rod tripped. The Spider line exited the reel at a fast speed and the rod tip bounced up and down – a good indication we had a Wahoo at the end of the line. Britt was our angler, and he climbed into the fighting chair to do battle. As the fish came closer to the boat, we could see it was a Wahoo. Matt, our mate, gaffed the fish weighing 33 lbs. and put him in the fish box.

With one Wahoo, one Mahi Mahi, four Kingfish and six Bonitos, it was time to head back to the dock. All the anglers retired into the a/c salon to relax on the ride back to the dock at Bahia Mar, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Salt Water Fishing”