South Florida Bass & Peacock Bass Fishing

Freshwater tips, tricks and questions
peacock08
Outdoorsman

South Florida Bass & Peacock Bass Fishing

Post by peacock08 »

It's great to be able to post about South Florida Peacock Bass fishing and largemouth bass fishing in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. We've been a guide service and tournament angler in South Florida for 20 years now. We fish the world famous Lake Okeechobee for Bass and the South Florida Everglades which is probably the best bass fishery for numbers in the world. Introduced to South Florida in 1984 thru 1987, Miami is the only place in the continental United States with the Amazon Butterfly Peacock Bass. With the tenacity of smallmouth bass and the color which is hard to imagine peacock bass are a great resource for South Florida fisherman. The fishing for this week has been a little slow because of cooler water but we managed 16 peacock and probably the same missed on guide trip on Saturday Jan. 26th. Sunday we fished the Florida Everglades for largemouth bass and we boated over 50 largemouth up to 3 lbs. with countless missed opportunities. For more fishing reports I'll be posting at least once a week with the current fishing conditions for largemouth bass and peacock bass in South Florida. Or you can e-mail me at floridafishing@bellsouth.net for up to the minute information or booking a guide trip to South Florida. Check out our new Amazon Peacock Bass website at http://www.amazonpeacockbassfishing.net for information on fishing Brazil for monster Peacock Bass. :fish: [/color]
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: South Florida Bass & Peacock Bass Fishing

Post by allingeneral »

Thanks for the report peacock. Sounds like some wonderful fishing in your neck of the woods. My grandfather used to fish Lake Okeechobee for Crappie every once in awhile back in the day. :thumbsup:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
peacock08
Outdoorsman

Re: South Florida Bass & Peacock Bass Fishing

Post by peacock08 »

allingeneral wrote:Thanks for the report peacock. Sounds like some wonderful fishing in your neck of the woods. My grandfather used to fish Lake Okeechobee for Crappie every once in awhile back in the day. :thumbsup:

Okeechobee is still agreat fishery especially for Crappies and bass!

Return to “Fresh Water Fishing”