Roasted Salmon with Garlic Cream

Your favorite fish recipes from baked, broiled, grilled or fried
pallen68
Outdoorsman

Roasted Salmon with Garlic Cream

Post by pallen68 »

Serves 4

This dish is very simple and very aromatic. Whole garlic cloves turn soft and mild when simmered or roasted slowly. Puree soft cloves with butter and cream, spread on salmon, and bake until done to your liking. Salmon should marinate for at least 30 min.

5 whole garlic bulbs
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup cream fraiche* or sour cream

1 1/2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
2 lbs. salmon filets

Remove papery outer shell from the garlic, but leave bulbs intact and cloves unpeeled. Place bulbs in a saucepan just large enough to hold them. Add water to barely cover and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook 40 minutes, adding more water as necessary to keep heads barely covered. Remove from heat, cool and peel. Cloves will be very soft and easy to peel. Place cloves in a food processor with butter and puree. Add cream friache and mustard and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.

Cut salmon into 8-ounce filets. Spread top surface of each filet with some of the garlic puree. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 min. or up to a day. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place filets on a lightly buttered baking sheet or in a buttered baking dish and bake until done (7-11 min.).

Serve immediately. I would serve this with wild rice and a red zinfandel or a pinot noir.

* Cream fraiche can be found in speciality stores and some well stocked supermarkets.
The Best Fishing is Barra De Navidad Fishing
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Roasted Salmon with Garlic Cream

Post by allingeneral »

Thanks for the recipe pallen. My wife hates salmon, but she loves garlic, so maybe I can trick her with this one! :)
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
roel88
Minnow

Re: Roasted Salmon with Garlic Cream

Post by roel88 »

PallenI tried your salmon recipe last weekend and it was a big hit.Wifey was so impressed and my inlaws asked where the hell I got my cooking prowess.Thanks to you lol!

Return to “Fish Recipes and Dishes”