Mother's Day thoughts...

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Mother's Day thoughts...

Post by allingeneral »

So, what's everyone getting for their Mother or Wife for mother's day? I cannot divulge my beautiful wife's gift because she'll probably get on here and read about it. Then she'll call me a cheap bastard and tell me to get her something better than that. So, I'll just be quiet for now!

So, what are you getting for the woman in your life?

We all know what not to get... a new clothes iron... a set of pots and pans (yes, even if they're T-Fal)... don't get her a new vacuum cleaner or a toaster oven.

Jewelry is always a tough one as well...so expensive are those diamond earrings, and what if she doesn't like them? Oh well...you just spent $600.00 on something that will never again see the light of day. But hey, it's the thought that counts, right? :)
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: Mother's Day thoughts...

Post by RACN35 »

buy them tackle
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Nah, I won't buy them any...but I might give them a 10 percent discount! hehe
--
Rick
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

I'll be 65 in July, and for the first time in my life, I don't have a Mommy to get a gift for!! As for my wife, I have never felt obligated to get her anything for her on Mother's Day, simply because she's NOT my Mom! She is my Mona, and everyday is Mona Day in my life, and I continue to give her the greatest thing I can possibly give her......my LOVE and respect, unconditionaly, for the next 24 hours. I might've looked at it differently, had I been rich, but I've always lived by the Redneck Code......"Doing the best I can with what I have!"
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Chuck - sorry to hear of your loss. Mona sounds like a very lucky woman!
--
Rick
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

Thanks Rick. Actually, I'm the lucky one in this relationship because she's never demanded anything of me that I wasn't already giving her!! She's my third wife, and I can vouch for the old saying "The third time is a charm."

As for my Mom, she was a sweet, loving little woman that just couldn't be beat, and Jamie can vouch for that. I really miss her, but I see so many of her qualities in my Mona!! Yep, I'm the lucky one!

Return to “General Discussion”