Virginia Beach

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Virginia Beach

Post by allingeneral »

So, I took the family to Virginia Beach for a day of fun and sun yesterday. It was awesome. We stayed at a hotel with a beach view from our balcony..rode the 4-wheeled bikes...went on the pier...saw the freaks out at night...saw Rudee Inlet... I was gonna call Jamie, but didn't have his phone number. I couldn't have left the wife and kids to go fishing anyway... We did see a lot of boats out by the CBBT both days (on our way in and on our way out). Maybe next time I'll figure out a way to leave the kids here and bring the wife for some fishing fun.

:fishing:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Re: Virginia Beach

Post by Uncle Chuck »

If the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise, I hope to do Virginia Beach in a few weeks too! Sometime smack dab in the middle of June! Got to try to get out with my nephew and see if we can't hook a few fishies, see Rudee, go to Dirty Dick's for a T-Shirt, etc, etc, etc.
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

I was camping, way way way up in the woods past Farmville anyway !! Thurs,Fri,Sat,Sun and came home yesterday......but still no excuse for not calling you A-hole. She knows the number- lol - If I was in town I woulda met you all down on the boardwalk for a nit anyway just to say hi !

Add it to your phones.....both of you- 757 685 4811.....Maybe you should take the kiddies to BUSCH GARDENS Rick. We go every Sunday we can.
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Phone number has been added. Thanks.

When we passed the Busch Gardens sign, I suggested that we need to go there one day this summer. With 4 kids, stuff like that gets pricey really fast when spending $20 or $30 per ticket...not sure what their prices are off the top of my head. We definitely will be going there sometime this summer though.

YIKES!! I just looked at the prices... let's see...three adults and three children... $330.00 just to get in the door!!! Current prices:

2008 Admission Rates
Regular admission $56.95
Child admission (ages 3 to 9) $49.95
Children 2 and under Free
Parking $10
--
Rick
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

yep 56 bucks for the day ......BUT if you go during the month of may and buy the FUN PASS its 56 bucks and you get in FREE the rest of the summer ........if you wait till June its 56 each day.....
VCAN Member
SeaKitten
mmmhhmmmmmm

Post by SeaKitten »

No, I don't know Jamie's number - but I do now! :P
I've just added it to my cell phone...I made your last name "Catfish" LOL!

I told Rick that Busch Gardens was NOT going to cost 20 or 30 per person...
He's still thinks everything costs what it did "back in the day", "back when things were good", "back back - way back when" LOL!

I think Busch would be fun for the kids...and Rick too.

:yahoo:
Shelley Sandlin
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

they have extended the fun pass option threw JUNE - you still can get a pass for the rest if the season for 56 bucks....get it, call me and we will meeet you all there.....Lisa &
I go every sunday 1
VCAN Member
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

Well, I guess the good Lord's NOT willing!! Two weeks ago, I had another heart attack, and I'm still so weak that I can't walk just a little ways before I have to sit down. This is heart attack number 9, and they couldn't do anything but shoot me full of blood thinner, and stop the attack. After each one, I've always bounced back, a little lower, but this time I haven't bounced at all. Sorry, Jamie. We were really looking forward to seeing y'all.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Chuck - I'm sorry to hear of your latest health problems. I hope that the bouncing back starts for you soon. Shelley and I are praying for you.
--
Rick
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

Thanks Rick. I appreciate you and Shelley's prayers. The doc says that's all I got left for help, it's out of his hands now! Blessings to y'all.
SeaKitten
mmmhhmmmmmm

Post by SeaKitten »

Any updates on your heart?
We're still praying and will continue.
Shelley Sandlin
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

Thanks for asking, Shelley, and I thank you and Rick for your prayers. I can hardly do anything any more, that doesn't trigger chest pains, and it's so agravating, especially right now while the weather is so nice, and I want to spend plenty of time on the water. Of course, the blockage that caused my latest heart attack is still there, because they can't even put another stent in. I'm on a strong blood thinner, and I bleed real good, at just the slightest nick. I'm going to contact the heart doctors at University of Alabama Hospital, in Birmingham, where they've saved my life 4 different times, and see if they think they might give it a try again! I'm not content to just sit here and wait to die
But, if it's the Lord's will, for me to end this life, then at least I know I'm ready, almost to the point of looking forward to seeing all the loved ones that's passed from my life. Thanks to fine people like y'all, I'm on several prayer lists, and I appreciate y'all so much. God bless you.
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Post by Uncle Chuck »

Let me apologize for bringing a "black cloud" to this forum. It's supposed to be a fun place, and over time, I've tried to add smiles to your faces with my style of humor. I'm just having a lot of trouble dealing with the latest turn in my life. SO...I'll get back to posting goofy crap. I can't get out and fish, but I CAN find silly stuff to post.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

You haven't brought a black cloud. We appreciate your sense of humor and hope you'll be posting here for many years to come! :friends:
--
Rick
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

If I knew for certain he was going to be around for many many years to come ......I WOULD MOVE TO ALABAMA.......My luck I would sell both boats and the beach house here.......MOVE TO ALABAMA......then have the old bass turd die 3 months later.........he should have been long long ago.......The Johnson's just hang on being a pain for as long as they can !

Great Grandma was a 100 years old when she went.......Grandma Sally ( Chucks Mom ) was in her 80's when she went.......

The cancer doctor told ME I had 90 days left to live......that was 4 years ago last month-

I think Uncle Chuck will be around for a while to come yet
VCAN Member

Return to “General Discussion”