How not to introduce yourself

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

How not to introduce yourself

Post by allingeneral »

Af'noon folks.

I just want to take a moment to let everyone know (rant) two things about my philosophy on how to run a forum...

1) I allow most "spammy" type posts to remain as long as they are on topic...fishing, hunting, outdoors, etc. Feel free to tell us about your product or service... which brings me to number 2..

2) Don't come here and leave one post and then never return. Don't make the post a simple "I have this to sell and you should buy it...here's the URL". Tell us about yourself. Tell us about your company. tell us something worth reading other than just an advertisement. Heck, leave a second post to tell us hello or something! You can even come back in a week and post something else that's interesting...but wait for a couple of weeks or something before you post another ad. Really, you don't need to post a huge (annoying) ad in order to get folks to your site. Just put your URL in your signature line and tell people something interesting...then tell them to check out the link in your signature.

It's just common sense really. Put yourself in my position for a moment.

In my opinion, it's rude to just post an ad and then leave, never to be heard from again. It takes a bit more than that to succeed. Trust me. I've been at this a long time.

There are a lot of ways to advertise..some good, some not-so-good. So, let's follow the unwritten rules of the WWW and act like people who care about the content that they post.

So to summarize..., post something along with your ad and your ad will stay in the forum... Leave an ad all by itself and it's likely to get deleted.

Tight lines!!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
Uncle Chuck
Outdoorsman

Re: How not to introduce yourself

Post by Uncle Chuck »

For whatever it's worth, in my opinion, you run a GREAT forum, Rick. As a semi-retired Signpainter, I'm very aware of the value of FREE advertising, and people should be grateful for you to provide a free space for their ads.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

It's worth a lot to me. Thank you for the compliment. :friends:

I don't mind letting folks get a free ad here, but I don't want the forum to just be full of nothing but advertisements from every corner of the country. I would like some folks to add real content...ask real questions...start real discussions!

There is a lot of value to a forum like this...when you're looking for information about fishing, boating and being outdoors, I hope that it can be found here!

And you're the joke man! hehe You come up with some real doozies :)

So, you paint signs, eh? How about billboards? Do you design them too?
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Post by RACN35 »

:coffee: we are all on the same page with you bro man :coffee:
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member

Return to “General Discussion”