God bless Uncle Chuck

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

God bless Uncle Chuck

Post by allingeneral »

Peace to your Soul Uncle Chuck. You will be sorely missed here. God bless your family and I hope Jamie has a safe trip to see you as you begin your journey into the next life.

God bless your soul Uncle Chuck.

Rick
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Re: God bless Uncle Chuck

Post by RACN35 »

Just last Tuesday forum member(Fintalk) Uncle Chuck asked me what we used to catch toothy critters and not tear our lures to pieces by the sharp teeth of fish like one of my favorite of fishies...the Bluefish. I told him about Gotcha plugs, how they were made and weighed in the head and how we fished em......he wanted one. For Pike & Muskie in particular,living in Alabama he couldnt just run out and buy one, in case you didnt know it by now Uncle Chuck is my real uncle, Dad's little brother of course. When I was a kid & ran away - I ran to Uncle Chucks,where he let me hide out (of course he called Mom & let her know where I was) in his camper in the back yard for how many ever day or even weeks I wanted to be a run away....no wonder no one ever came looking for me. For the past 47 years I have been and stayed in contact with him. Once we were both on the internet we have exchanged emails EVERYDAY for the past umpteen years....its been a long time......last fall when it was time for thanksgiving gatherings.....we didnt go to my parents or Lisa's .....she wanted to meet Uncle Chuck - So I took him my old jon boat to him when I got a new one last year, he had many friends that he fished with for catfish in the river and he lived 1 mile from a lake the is one of the best in NW Alabama for bass, his was the last house on the left on a dead end road to the boat ramp.......

I bought him a Gotcha plug as requested and brought it home to be mailed out Friday after I got off work at the shop.......I hand delivered the Gotcha plug to him this weekend myself instead, for it was my proud duty to be #1 pallbearer and carry him to the hurst for his last ride.......wearing jeans and his favorite Dale Earnhardt T-shirt he was buried in Mussel Shoals. After all this is ALABAMA remember !

The flowers that Lisa wired before we left said "Say Hello to Grandma"
The last post he made on Fintalk was the IGFA thread and all he said was:
Uncle Chuck wrote:Throw her back in. That's not my Lisa, dude.

http://www.fintalk.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5175

He didnt go to Bingo on Friday nights, them rednecks go to karaoke.
Freinds and family sang "Go rest high on that mountain" - http://users.1st.net/teddi/index25.htm - The real lookout mountain is not too far away .....

Oh yea the GOTCHA PLUG ......He took it WITH HIM......so now he has an advantage over all others, even God dont have a Gotcha plug......He has a good grip on it in his left hand,I am sure he will never let it go.....My morning chat/emails will be empty and void for the rest of my life........
Dude,I love you more than any man I have ever met- I would say I'll miss you ~ but no words can describe this.

Couldn't see the lure that you sent him home with, because the forum nipped it due to picture size... so, I resized the picture here.
Couldn't see the lure that you sent him home with, because the forum nipped it due to picture size... so, I resized the picture here.
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
SeaKitten
mmmhhmmmmmm

Re: God bless Uncle Chuck

Post by SeaKitten »

Jamie, your stories have been so touching. You could write a great book!

Do you have any pics of you & Uncle Chuck from when you were a kid?
Shelley Sandlin

Return to “General Discussion”