Nov 18th- Once again on this day.....

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
RACN35
Veteran Outdoorsman

Nov 18th- Once again on this day.....

Post by RACN35 »

[QUOTE=racn35;681561]The alarm goes off at 0315 AM....I am like WTF is that noise....Oh yea its my 2 year anniversary of having my throat cut wide open for cancer operation Nov 18th....I am supposed to die 3 months from now,back then....the worst day of my life for sure.....now 2 years later to the day it turns out to be the BEST day of my life.....4:30 roll out of the drive way and head to Scotts. The boat is loaded and ready when I get there. Up the road we go and launch at 0630...soak the gill net and toss a cast net for fresh bait....cast net 1 shad. gill net 11....he says "a dozen will do". Slip around the reeds,up river and around the bend.....pull up to a new spot he has picked out. We see blaze orange and a 12 ga up on the bank...dang opening day of dear season !!He dont mind us being 100 yards anchored from him....and we dont mind that sweet sweet sound of beagles running deer....God I miss those days.....cut fresh bait and set out 4 poles in the back, set 2 more poles out front and Scott says right there take that one as the rod tips bows towards the water !! I start reel'n and put pressure to make sure the 10/0 circle gets a good hook set in the corner of what turns out to be my new personal best...a sweetheart of fish at 34 pounds......tic toc tic toc....Scott grabs the rod closest to him and rears back on his TLD15 and said "oh yea this is a better fish than your lil 30"...65 pound test power pro and the line goes slack and the rod is straight...broke off ....around the corner comes 2 more fishermen approaching our direction.....oh wait they have SHOTGUNS too !! what opening day of DUCK season !! ok here we set a deer hunter on the right leaned up against a tree watching us fight big cats.....we got duck hunters on the left.... 2 days this past week we caught and released over 75 striper in the bay around the CBBT....is there truely any better place to live than right here in Virginia ? Deer hunters,duck hunters,100's in stripers in the bay and now big a$$ catfish all less the 2 hours from home !! anyway while i am admiring the awesome fall colors of the leaves and slick calm water all around us i am slammed back to reality as my abu 6500 sreams help help and its on again ! i said out loud &*&^% #$%* this one is better then the first....the deer hunters mouth drops open and just hangs there as the fish is netted .....scale results 42 pounds !! OMG i am about to keel over.....I said dude you are the man, thank you so much !! the best day ever for sure....what we gotta top a 50 pounder before we go....reel in baits, pull anchor and head to spot number 2.....by the time i got the anchor set and my rod out he has a 18 pounder in the boat.....lets it go like it was a guppy. then my Penn 25 LD's goes nuts....he cant get it out of the rod holder !! fight ensues and in the boat comes a 45 pounder.....I am getting ready to take his photo and there goes another rod ....slam....then a 22 pounder....thats cool, one for each hand....i snap the pic and we re-set our baits....its 9 15 am.... 34,42,18,22 and 45 over a 160 pounds of fish between us 2 in less than 2 hours !! What a day indeed....we sat,moved around,sat,moved and went back to the first spot and the tide was 180 from the am so we set up in the opposite direction on the hole and broke off several more fish.....couldnt hook up so we called it a day. wawa no a great day wawa no a awesome best day ever !! Thanx you Scott for inviting me to go catch my favorite fish of all time !! heres my 34 and my 42 back in "hunting zone" i cant post Scotts fish due to geographic display so that there wont be a dozen boats there next time he goes setting in his holes....what a kick azz day NOT to die after all !! Scott...did i say THANK YOU ? [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]NEEDLESS TO SAY ...... I WILL BE FISHING WITH MY BUDDY SCOTT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND......[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]ONCE A YEAR I TOOT MY OWN HORN AND TODAY IS THE DAY !!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program Member
VCAN Member
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Nov 18th- Once again on this day.....

Post by allingeneral »

Happy Birthday!! Well, it almost seems like that anyway :) Keep fishin', Buddy! :fishing:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “General Discussion”