Fishing for Trout during the Winter in New Jersey

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
frogburger1
Minnow

Fishing for Trout during the Winter in New Jersey

Post by frogburger1 »

This is the first year that I have fished for trout in the winter. Actually check that, I once fished at the Raritan River about 20 years ago but caught nothing. Last week was great. I caught 1 fish in four days of fishing but it was well worth it. I went to the South Branch of the Raritan River and fished with flies, egg patterns and nymphs. The brown trout that i caught was about 10 inches and was so beautiful and i was just really happy to be fishing this time of year. :first: I actually got all my equipment at Shannon's Fly Shop and they were really helpful. so i just wanted to share my experience and let you all know that you can actually catch trout with snow on the ground. :fish: I live in Paris, France and they have a fly-fishing-only trout pond with huge rainbows so that is a lot of fun too. But it's nothing like wading into a nice river.. If anyone is planning to come to Paris, you all can drop me a pm and I can show you were to fish for nice trout in view of the Eiffel Tower. :friends:

Return to “General Discussion”