The iPod Touch

Fishing, camping, hunting, boating, sailing, yachting - if it doesn't fit anywhere else, then post here.
allingeneral
Site Admin

The iPod Touch

Post by allingeneral »

So, I was in Best Buy a few days ago, trying to decide what to buy my wonderful wife for Christmas. I knew she wanted an iPod something-or-other, so I went to look at that section of the store. I was looking at the "Xune", the iPod Classic and the iPod Touch. I asked for help making the decision and this employee came walking over with his iPod Touch to show me what it does.

I was sold immediately! This thing is AWESOME! I considered not buying it for my wife and buying it for myself instead, but then reality kicked in and I knew that I wouldn't survive to the New Year if I did such a thing.

So, I bought it. Here's what it is in my own words.

It's a slim piece of glass, aluminum and silicon that's about 1/4 inch thick and 3 inches wide and 4 inches high. It has 8GB of memory and built-in WiFi. It has a 3.5" LCD display and it stores music, pictures and more. It has games (which I had to hack it a bit to get those, but it was pretty easy). I can connect to my home wireless network with the thing and surf the web using the built-in "Safari" web browser! (which I did, in bed, before I fell asleep last night). Oh, wait...last night was two nights before Christmas...why did I have this thing out? Well...I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to her. And boy, did it brighten up her day! :)

For its size, I am absolutely amazed at the capabilities of this machine! You can read more about it by searching Google. I'm gonna go play now...oh...she has it right now. I guess I'll go find something else to do :)
Attachments
iPod Touch - WOW!  This thing is AMAZING!
iPod Touch - WOW! This thing is AMAZING!
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
Mike G
Outdoorsman

Re: The iPod Touch

Post by Mike G »

I know a lot of people with them and they are unbelievable. The things it can do and the sharpness of the picture is amazing and if you're in to technology at all, this is a toy you have to have.
SeaKitten
mmmhhmmmmmm

Post by SeaKitten »

Sheesh! I only told him 13 and a half times that I was going to buy it for myself. Everytime I did it, he'd blah-blah-blah let's go look at this (WAAAY Over Here). SOOOO - yes, he would have been in terrible trouble if he had purchased that little gem for himself after I tried so many times.

Thank Goodness He Did The RIGHT Thing!

Hmmm...
What kind of punishment would he face?
:enlighten:
he he he
Shelley Sandlin
yolanda1982
Minnow

Post by yolanda1982 »

Wow! cool post! I got my hands on the new iPod Touch yesterday. And despite some minor shortcomings, the device lives up to its hype. Two of the most attractive features of the iPod Touch for me are the wide screen video player (something you can hook up inside your car in lieu of those NextBase players) and the full featured Safari browser (which allows you to surf and comfortably read blogs via wifi without opening up your laptop or desktop computer). :)

Dental Roseville / Dentists Roseville

Return to “General Discussion”