BIG Wahoo on the Troll

Advertise your fishing charter or guide service here - FREE! If you hired/rented a charter, please take a moment to tell us about your experience!
ladypamela2
Outdoorsman

BIG Wahoo on the Troll

Post by ladypamela2 »

Lady Pamela II Sportfishing Charters

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

http://www.ladypamela2.com

954-761-8045

This morning, David and his three buddies from Chicago joined Tom and his wife from Buffalo, NY aboard the Lady Pamela II. We set sail from Shallow Harbor and realized these guys all had one thing in common, they wanted to catch some fish and go home with a good story. Once we hit the ocean, we ran to this beautiful blue-ish, green edge in 160 feet of water. The kites went up in hopes of landing a Sailfish or two. We sat back patiently and waited for a game fish to show himself. An hour went by before we packed up and moved on to trolling. Trolling was a little different then kite fishing today. I dropped the first bait in the water and it was an instant bite. I think I may have heard one of our anglers say “This is what I’m talking about.” We reeled in a 25 lb Wahoo on mono, which is unusual, but awesome.

001.JPG

We were finally in the feeding area, so our bait went back out and BAM!, we got another hit on the left planner. Tom’s wife jumped in the hot seat and the battle began. She fought a BIG Bluefish for about 15 minutes before it came within gaffing range of the boat. All I could think to myself was “Holy Bluefish.” On Thursday, Captain Paul caught 28 of those bad boys. We’ve never seen the Bluefish bite go off like this in our years of Sport fishing off the coast of Fort Lauderdale. Hey, we're not complaining, keep 'em coming!

Tight Lines!

Captain David Ide

Ladypamela2@bellsouth.net

954-761-8045

Return to “Fishing Charters and Guides”