Speckled Trout Fishing

General Discussion about anything fishing related
mrwiffle
Minnow

Speckled Trout Fishing

Post by mrwiffle »

One of my favorite fish; to be found in most of the inshore waters and around the southern coastal areas of both the Atlantic Ocean and likewise around most of the Gulf of Mexico, is the Speckled Trout or Sea Trout. While I do enjoy catching Grey Trout or Weakfish on occasion there is just something about catching large speckled trout that really makes me feel as if I am on top of the world. I’ve been ridiculed by many of my fellow fishermen in Florida, who feel Specks are “Wimps” compared to the Snook and while that may be true to some extent, I find myself enamored with the Speckled Trout’s head shaking fight on light tackle. You see, when fishing for Snook you have to use a good shock leader or the fish will break you off with one shake of its head as its razor sharp gill plates are just that, razor sharp. With Trout there is nothing quite as thrilling as using a light weight 6-6 ½ foot rod with 8 -12 pound test small diameter monofilament line and landing that 5 to 15 lb Speck without a net. I love to “wade” fish and consider it almost a lost art. There is no time, other than when I am standing waist deep in water, back in some inland marsh or along the beach, watching the sun or moon move across an open sky, that I feel as at peace and as one with nature, God and myself. I love to cast my lure out into some eddy or swirl of current, just visualizing that Speck sitting there waiting to inhale it. I feel and I know that visualization almost as well as I know how precious life is; and that is why as I have grown much older and hopefully wiser; the ill side effects that occur with growing older don’t bother me as much as I thought they would when I was younger and the Speckled Trout first beckoned to me to come on down and take him on…. Long may he run….long may he run….

Tip: When fishing for Speckled trout it is always best to retie or check your light leader or line for nicks, as often times those small teeth of Mr. Trout will fray your line just a bit and believe me, that’s always when the “Big One” hits! It’s almost like they know; perhaps they do.
And don’t forget what we say, “Get Free Fish, with the use of any Mr. Wiffle lure. Please visit us at http://www.getfreefish.com or http://www.mrwiffle.com .

Tight lines and God bless the fisherman…..
[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “General Fishing Discussion”