Virginia Legacy license

General Discussion about anything fishing related
sandman
Minnow

Virginia Legacy license

Post by sandman »

I recently learned about Virginia's new freshwater Legacy license. It costs $125 and lasts a lifetime. What a deal! The only downer is that it must be purchase before the holder is two years old. I am getting one for my new granddaughter (whether my wife likes it or not). It will pay for itself after only seven years. I plan to have her fishing with me many more years than that.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/re ... s.asp#fees
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Virginia Legacy license

Post by allingeneral »

I've heard that there's also some legislation that being worked in Richmond to change the way fishing licenses are sold, since the salt/fresh boundary is hard to understand sometimes, depending on which body of water you're in. So, this bill will allow a boat license for all tidal waters in Virginia.

SB 995 Special combined individual sportfishing licenses; boat license.

Introduced by: Richard H. Stuart
SUMMARY AS PASSED SENATE:
Special combined individual sportfishing licenses; boat license. Creates an additional boat license option for special combined individual sportfishing licenses, which allows licensees to fish in in all the tidal waters of the Commonwealth. The new license would enable the owner of a recreational boat, in any recreational boat he may own, and his passengers, to fish in the tidal waters of the Commonwealth under one combined license. The cost of the license for residents is $125 and the cost of the license for nonresidents is $200. Funds from the licenses will be shared between the Virginia Saltwater Recreational Fishing Development Fund and the Game Protection Fund.
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “General Fishing Discussion”