Recommend a Handheld GPS??

General Discussion about anything fishing related
CAThookedTOE
Minnow

Recommend a Handheld GPS??

Post by CAThookedTOE »

I really need to get a handheld GPS. It would be used for fishing & hiking. But I don't know which to get. I see so many of them. Can anyone help me choose one? I've been searching around, and compiled some features I think I would like it to have.

Handhelp GPS:

Under $200 (maximum I may spend $300)

Durable & Waterproof (built to withstand the elements: bumps, dust, dirt and water)
Long Battery Life (at least 18 hours on two AA batteries) [No battery is required to maintain stored data]

Built-in worldwide basemap allows you to navigate anywhere with ease.
Preloaded map includes water features(lakes, rivers, etc), urban and rural land use (cities, roads coastlines and landmarks), and realistic shaded relief background.

Adding more maps is easy with detailed topographic, marine and road maps, which can
be loaded to internal memory. Compatible with mapping software including topographic maps and inland lake maps 24 MB+ of built-in memory

Hunting/Fishing calendar, sun and moon information, 3-axis, electronic compass, Barometric altimeter

1000 waypoints and 60 routes
Stores your favorite waypoints using names and graphic symbols

Easy Updating (via computer download)

Color LCD, Crystal-clear, sunlight-readable screen, High contrast screen with bright backlighting

TrackBack (reverse tracks to navigate back to your starting point, speed, time and distance)

Fast satellite connection

Is there one out there that is reasonably priced, that meets my needs?

Return to “General Fishing Discussion”