Can rechargeables be used with the LED replacement modules?

Questions about how to fix or upgrade your Maglite flashlight
MARK II
Minnow

Can rechargeables be used with the LED replacement modules?

Post by MARK II »

Before I buy a 4-D cell LED replacement module, I need to know..........can I use RECHARGEABLE batteries with it? As many LED flashlights cannot use rechargeables (this is common knowlede to anyone that has studied different LED flashlights). YET, this information is nowhere to be found online regarding the Mag-Lite LED system. Why is this?
Can someone please tell me for sure if rechargeables can be used with the 4 c-d cell LED module.

Thanks very much.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Can rechargeables be used with the LED replacement modules?

Post by allingeneral »

That's a good question. According to the Mag specs, the LED's require a power source of C or D Alkaline batteries. What's the reason for this? I have done a little research on LED lights, but I've never seen anything about not using rechargeable batteries. I guess one of the great things about LEDs though, is that they consume little power, so battery usage shouldn't be all that significant anyway.
Attachments
Maglite LED Module Specifications
Maglite LED Module Specifications
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)
MARK II
Minnow

Post by MARK II »

I bought the Mag-Lite 4 c-d cell LED module today. My decision was finally, a simple one. I'm going to use alkaline batteries with it, and.. also buy the Luxeon EverLED. Which can be used with rechargeables (although at a lower brightness), for certain times when um, I feel like it lol. Men need their toys huh? Another thing about the Luxeon, it is a "universal" and can be used with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 cell c-d flashlights.

As for the performance of my new Mag module.......about the same brightness, but the flood peripheral is better, and can still focus to spot. So far, I'm happy.

P.S. In the instructions it says reachargeables are not to be used.

And thanks for the reply.

M.
allingeneral
Site Admin

Post by allingeneral »

Thank you for your response Mark and the information within. We have considered carrying the Luxeon LEDs, but haven't found an appropriate wholesale point for them yet.

As for the Luxeon's "universal-ness", we do carry a Nite-ize LED upgrade that is universal/self-adjusting for 2-6 cell lights. It is located here:

Maglite Universal LED Upgrade - PR Flange Bulb
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “Maglite Flashlight Questions, Comments and Discussion”