Fort Lauderdale Daytime Swordfish Report

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
ladypamela2
Outdoorsman

Fort Lauderdale Daytime Swordfish Report

Post by ladypamela2 »

Lady Pamela II Sportfishing Charters

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

http://www.ladypamela2.com

954-761-8045

On Sunday morning, a crew of Alison, Dustin, Dustin’s father, Captain Paul and I set sail aboard the Lady Pamela II for Dustin’s birthday. What a better way to spend your birthday than deep sea fishing offshore in Fort Lauderdale. The plan was to go daytime sword fishing and put Dustin on a big one. We were successful.

We left Lauderdale Marina bright and early and ready to catch some fish. The weather was wonderful and the fishing wasn’t half bad either. We started off our trip trolling to Swordfish land and hooked up with a handful of Kingfish and a good size Mahi.

024.JPG

Once we reached our destination, Captain Paul dropped ‘er down 1,800 ft and did the fish dance. Our crew was on full alert. Captain Paul and I kept a close eye on the rod because a bite by a powerful Broadbill on the bottom might not be anything more than a slight bend in the tip. Once he was on, he was on. Captain Paul got Dustin situated and he went to town. After a brutal fight in 90 degree heat, the fish came into view of the boat, fighting its way to the transom.

037.JPG

045.JPG

There were several high fives and handshakes given after Dustin landed his 100 lb Swordfish. I think I may have heard him say it was his best birthday ever on the way in.

Happy Birthday Dustin!

Tight Lines!

Captain David Ide

E-MAIL: ladypamela2@bellsouth.net

954-761-8045
allingeneral
Site Admin

Re: Fort Lauderdale Daytime Swordfish Report

Post by allingeneral »

Wow - that's awesome! I hope to get out there and make a catch like that some day. :fishing:
--
Rick
The only way you'll ever catch fish is to Go Fishing Forum (.net)!! :)

Return to “Fishing Reports”