Quadruple Header Bite & 30lb Mahi - Mahi in Ft Lauderdale FL

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
ladypamela2
Outdoorsman

Quadruple Header Bite & 30lb Mahi - Mahi in Ft Lauderdale FL

Post by ladypamela2 »

Lady Pamela II Sportfishing Charters

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

http://www.ladypamela2.com

954-761-8045

April 13th, 2010

Fort Lauderdale Fishing, Quadruple Header = 2 Sailfish, Hammerhead Shark, Silky Shark ALL AT ONCE!

Today we had five on a shared fishing charter, a group of three and a couple. We headed out the inlet and conditions were perfect for live bait kite fishing. In 300 ft of water, there was a rippin’ north current on the edge. Rusty, our new mate, assisted Mike in the cockpit, flying the kites and getting the Shark baits positioned down deep. We waited patiently and it was all worth it in the end. After an hour of soaking our baits, two Sailfish jumped on our live bait, a Hammerhead Shark ate and then a Silky Shark swam in and took a bite, ALL at ONCE! It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. One of the Sailfish managed to release itself but Mike, Rusty and our anglers managed to catch the remaining three fish. The Sailfish and both Game Sharks were released back into the blue and we went on our way with trolling gear in the water and many smiles. We ended the day catching 10 King Mackerel and 4 Blackfin Tuna.

Talk about a nail biter!

April 16th, 2010

Welcome home, Mahi – Mahi!

Fishing in Fort Lauderdale was great today. Jimmy and Sarah, from Jacksonville, set sail aboard the Lady Pamela II while Mike, from Delaware, joined the Lady Pamela I. Both boats left Lauderdale Marina at 8 AM with high hopes of hooking up with the last bit of the Sailfish Fort Lauderdale will see until the season kicks off again. Captain Paul and I ran the Lady Pamela II to 300 ft of water and popped the kites into the air while the Lady Pamela I trolled the reef. After an hour of waiting and wishing for the bite in 300 ft of water, I moved the boat around and the mid bait in 150 ft of water got a hit. Jimmy landed a Hammerhead Shark and a nice size Mahi for good measure aboard the Lady Pamela II. The Lady Pamela I came back to the dock with a 4 Mahi - Mahi, one 30 lb’er and 2 King Mackerel; looks like Mike will be eating good tonight.

097.JPG

Tight Lines!

Captain David Ide

http://www.ladypamela2.com

954-761-8045

Return to “Fishing Reports”