Orlando Florida & Mosquito Lagoon Fishing Report

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
CaptMikeBales
Outdoorsman

Orlando Florida & Mosquito Lagoon Fishing Report

Post by CaptMikeBales »

Mosquito Lagoon fishing has continued to be excellent these past few weeks. The baitfish & mullet are starting to show up and the predators know it! The redfish and trout bite has been very consistent throughout the day. Topwater lures have been the ticket in the early morning hours pitched out along massive mullet strings on the lagoons. Any where you see this, you are sure to find trout and redfish willing to eat. The black drum bite continues to be going strong as well, these fish can be found tailing on the flats throughout the lagoon and will happily eat a blue crab or soft plastic like a gulp shrimp.

This week has been spent primarily using small blue crabs for tailing redfish and black drum. You can also use live shrimp or any assortment of soft plastics such as the DOA Shrimp, Riptide Shrimp or a Berkley Gulp. I have seen a few large tarpon rolling in the river this past week as well. As the water temperatures continue to rise these fish should get thicker in numbers.

The fly fishing remains good as long as you are accurate with your presentations. Ryan from MI caught a nice 36 inch red on fly this past week using a KungFu Crab!! I just love this fly, it has great movement and a solid profile resembling many of the crabs in this system.

On a side note, I was able to fish Boca Grande a few days this past week with legendary guide and my good friend, Captain Scotty Moore. Scott has been fishing and guiding the area for many years, and his local skills and experience reflect that. You won’t find a more knowledgeable and friendly captain in that area. The tarpon were not too cooperative but we did manage to score some really nice snook. If you’re ever in that area be sure to look him up.

I was happy to fish charters this week with Eddie C., Jerry B., Gary, Charlie and Jim and Jeff. All had a great time on the lagoon catching redfish, black drum and trout these past few weeks and I look forward to fishing with them again in the future.

Call Captain Mike Bales at 352-255-8175 to book your Mosquito Lagoon fishing charter!
Or, visit us on the web at http://www.hotfishcharters.com

Return to “Fishing Reports”