Great fall spinnerbait bite with video report

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
Rando
Outdoorsman

Great fall spinnerbait bite with video report

Post by Rando »

Hit the water last Friday for what turned out to be one of the better days of fishing in a while. Weather-wise, the stars seemed to have aligned. A front from the weekend was rolling in. We had a bit of a breeze, overcast, but still seasonably warm. Showers were a little on and off, but nothing too bad. We knew the fish would be active given the weather conditions and the fact that the summer pattern is well behind us. I had the spinnerbait tied on the moment I left the house and never had to take it off the entire evening. I was throwing a 1/2 ounce white double-willow leaf with a yellow mister twister trailer. My partner was thowing a black and blue double willow leaf with copper blades. Both seemed to produce very well, with the black producing a few more than white. We hit bass up to 4.5 lbs, with two nice 4 and 5 lb Walleye mixed in. We fished from about 4:30PM-6:15PM and ended up with 21 between the two of us. The fishing was good all weekend, and the bass seem to be about as active as you could hope for. Hope to get as much in while it lasts! Hope you enjoy the video report. Video courtesy of the Flip MinoHD Hatcam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUek5sdQWQg

Return to “Fishing Reports”