Fall Steelhead Fishing

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
NoelGyger
Trail Guide

Fall Steelhead Fishing

Post by NoelGyger »

http://www.noelgyger.ca

Weekly Fishing Reports (Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert and Meziadin North)

Noel Gyger
September October 31 to November 7, 2010

Dear Fishing Friends: :welcome:

SUMMARY: Weather has been fair all week with sun, rain and cooler temperatures. Lots of snow in the mountains. Steelhead is the only river target fish now along with the smaller resident Cutthroat Trout, Dolly Varden Char, Bull Trout and White Fish. Fishing for Steelhead, Trout and Char using fly, spin and conventional gear has been good.
The Skeena River was up and down all week and is now in poor to fair shape. Fishing for Steelhead continues although most fish are in their tributary rivers by now.
The Kalum River is in good shape and fishing for Steelhead is fantastic!
The Kitimat River was low and clean early in the week but in the middle of the week the river rose dramatically and was high and dirty. The Kitimat River is dropping now but it is unpredictable from day to day what the river conditions will be. Cutthroat Trout fishing has been excellent when the river was low and clean. There were many reports of anglers catching lots of Cutthroat Trout when the river was low. The Kitimat Harbour is Red Hot for Winter Chinook and Dungeness Crab. Book your charter now noel@noelgyger.ca . Check out the Ron Wakita report below.
Bulkley, Morice, Babine and Kispiox Rivers report all in one as follows: Wow! Fishing has been great! All the rivers are clear and dropping thanks to the cooler weather. Kispiox, Bulkley, Morice, Babine and everything downstream are all in great shape. Rivers are not busy at all so put on your ‘woolies’ and get out there. Most rivers are no longer classified as of November 1st but if you are fishing for Steelhead you still require a Steelhead stamp. With this cool weather it is especially important to remember not to wear cotton under your breathable waders. Cotton absorbs any moisture that your body creates and it will stay wet which will then steal all the heat that your body produces. Make sure that you wear a polyester base layer that will wick away any moisture from your body and move it out so you stay dry and warm! There is some awesome fishing to be had out there so now is the time! Report from Oscars Source for Sports in Smithers, BC.
The Zymoetz (Copper) River is clean enough to fish and I have many reports of some great Steelhead catches with both fly and spin rods. This week guide reports came from Ron Wakita and Jeff Carlson. Thank you to the fishing guides and anglers who sent reports and photos. It is very much appreciated!

RIVER FISHING Lots of day bookings available for Zymoetz (Copper River) in November. BEST fly fishing for Steelhead in the world awaits you. Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca to book NOW!

OCEAN FISHING Winter Chinook and Crabbing in the Kitimat Harbour is Red Hot right now. To book your charter boat please contact Noel Gyger anytime. Phone 250-635-2568 E-mail noel@noelgyger.ca

NOW BOOKING for 2011: Let me know if I can be of service to book you with the "best" fishing guide and/or fishing lodges for both river and ocean. There are NO extra charges to book through me, just a lot of free information and advice from a person with years and years of fishing and fish guiding experience. It is like hiring two guides for the price of one. I will promptly answer your questions and concerns. Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca to book NOW.

New Items on Website

- October 27, 2010 For Sale: (market place) Skeena River front home 22km E. of Terrace, BC
http://www.noelgyger.ca/market-place.htm (New! last week)

River Reports Weather - Normal temp - Sunrise & Sunset - Tyee Test Fishery – Tides – Hydrometric Data

Bulkley, Kispiox, Babine and Morice River report as follows:
Wow. Fishing has been great. All the rivers are clear and dropping thanks to the cooler weather. Kispiox, Bulkley, Morice, Babine and everything downstream are all in great shape. Rivers are not busy at all so put on your ‘woolies’ and get out there. Most rivers are no longer classified as of November 1st but if you are fishing for Steelhead you still require a Steelhead stamp. With this cool weather it is especially important to remember not to wear cotton under your breathable waders. Cotton absorbs any moisture that your body creates and it will stay wet which will then steal all the heat that your body produces. Make sure that you wear a polyester base layer that will wick away any moisture from your body and move it out so you stay dry and warm! There is some awesome fishing to be had out there so now is the time!

Kalum River
Is in good shape both upper and lower end and fishing is excellent for Steelhead. Please do not target the Coho as it is closed and most of them are on their spawning reds now. Both spin and fly is working well.

Lakelse River
Is in good shape and fishing for Steelhead and Trout is excellent. Please do not target the Coho as it is closed and most of them are on their spawning reds now. Both spin and fly is working well.

Skeena River
The Skeena River is in poor to fair shape. Fishing for Steelhead and Trout is fair but it is getting late for Steelhead.

Zymoetz (Copper) River
The water is in fair shape. I have had reports of excellent Steelhead catches using both spin, conventional and fly gear.

Fishing Guide and Tackle Shop Reports

Summary for Skeena and Tributaries
Fishing This Week
FAIR

Type of Fish Caught
River: Steelhead, Cutthroat Trout and Dolly Varden Char.
Ocean: All five species of Salmon, Halibut, Bottom Fish and Dungeness and King Crab for ocean.

Largest Fish of the Week
River: 20-pound Steelhead from the Zymoetz (Copper) River. Ocean: 25-pound Winter Chinook.

BOOKING NOW for fall Steelhead and all Salmon and Steelhead NEXT YEAR. Let me know if I can be of service to book you with the "best" fishing guide and/or fishing lodges for both river and ocean. There are NO extra charges to book through me, just a lot of free information and advice from a person with years and years of fishing and fish guiding experience. It is like hiring two guides for the price Your “dream trip” awaits. Please Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca anytime…to start planning your trip. Everything will be to your entire satisfaction.

Ron Wakita: Reliable Guide and Charters, Kitimat BC
Home Hardware Tackle Shop E-mail wakita@telus.net Phone 250-632-1275

Kitimat River
The Kitimat River was low and clean early this week but in the middle of the week the river rose dramatically and was high and dirty. The Kitimat River is dropping now but it is unpredictable from day to day what the river conditions will be. Cutthroat Trout fishing has been excellent when the river was low and clean. There were many reports of anglers catching lots of Cutthroat Trout when the river was low. Amongst these reports were reports of some very large Cutthroat Trout. One angler reported 2 Trout in the 4 to 5lb. range, other anglers reported many Trout that were 24 inches long. The Trout anglers on the Kitimat River were very happy campers when the river was fishable but understandably disappointed with the high and dirty water.

Nov 1 Tom Orr reports "These pictures were taken on the 1st of November on the upper Kitimat. Shane and I float fished a combo of real worms from Home Hardware (Bubba's Bait Dew Worms) http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com/ and pink 3" Berkley http://www.purefishing.com/ Power Worms. The Power Worms worked really well and are a great way to fish now that the weather has gotten colder. No more frozen fingers replacing live bait". Nice Trout Guys. Thank You for the photos!

Summary
Trout fishing on the Kitimat River will continue to be good throughout the winter months but will be weather dependant. When the weather is good so will be the fishing. Float fishing with Gibbs http://www.gibbsfishing.com/ Floats and either 3" Berkley http://www.purefishing.com/ Power Bait Worms and/or Bubba's Bait Barn http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com/ Worms are the most effective lures. Fly fishing for Kitimat River Trout is also very productive and enjoyable. Smart money says that when the weather is good and the river conditions are good get out and fish!

Douglas Channel
Oct 31 Wes Owen was chartered by Brenda Miller and Stephen King. Brenda and Stephen hooked 6 Winter Chinook and landed 3 beautiful, bright, silver Winter Chinook. I had the pleasure of joining Brenda and Stephen on their Charter with Wes and discovered that Brenda and Stephan were very nice folks who had just purchased a house in Kitimat. Congratulations on your catch and Welcome to Kitimat! Wes and I had a wonderful time fishing with you folks. My official scoring on your competition was that Brenda caught the first and the most. Stephen caught the biggest and a Great time was had by all!

Nov 2 Lorie Johnson from MK Bay Marina reports "The Humpbacks are back in this morning along with lots of seals so they are feeding on something." The last time the Humpbacks were in, the Winter Chinook fishing was awesome! Stay Tuned! A "Big Thank You" to Lorie for sharing these photos.

Nov 5th Wes Owen invited Noel Gyger and me for a morning trip in the Kitimat Harbor to fish for Winter Chinook and do some Crabbing. The forecast was calling for "Cloudy with Showers". We were pleasantly surprised with calm seas, sunshine, good fishing and even better Crabbing. With honorable mention to Gail's Cookies. We hooked 6 Winter Chinook boating 3 beauties. The largest Chinook was 25lbs or better. The Stars of our fishing trip was the "E Clip" which is marketed by Pro Troll, Pro Troll's Hot Chip 11" Green Flasher and Hot Spot's Blue Green Flasher. 4 of the 6 Chinook were caught with these lures. Pro Troll products are not new on the market but this was the first fishing trip that I have fished with them. I spent some time with Russell Gahagan, Pro Troll's Regional Sales Manager at the Redl Show http://www.redlsports.com/ who impressed me enough to fish these Pro Troll's products. I am sure glad we did because they sure worked great this morning and the proof is in the pictures! The other 2 Chinook were hooked with Wes' favorite Winter Chinook set-up which includes a Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca/ Abe and Al #1 Prism Flasher with a Rhys Davis Blue/Green Anchovy Teaser and a Rhys Davis Anchovy. Noel, Wes and I had a great time catching Chinook as well as harassing each other and eating Gail's cookies while watching the rods.

The "piece de resistance" of our trip was the Crabbing. The Star of the Crabbing portion of our trip was as always "Brutus" Ace Line Hauler http://www.acelinehauler.com/ Crab and Prawn Puller. Vartan you are a genius! We were also using Crab traps distributed by
Redl Sports http://www.redlsports.com/ that have an upgraded hinge design on the doors which are excellent. We were using Lead rope from Danielson which reduces the potential for getting the Crab Trap ropes into the prop. The "Right Tools for the Job" sure making Crabbing a lot more enjoyable. We kept our limit of 18 Dungeness Crab and put another 12 more back. Wow!
Good Weather! Good Fishing! Good Crabbing! Good Friends! Life is Good!

Nov 5th Victor Lick was also fishing in the Kitimat Harbour for Winter Chinook in his sailboat. We watched Victor boat 3 Chinook all by himself. Victor kept his Daily Limit of 2 Chinook and released a third. It requires a lot of patience and skill to be able to hook, fight and then net these Chinook with one person onboard. It was amazing to watch Victor in action and take photos of his catch! Well done Victor! Victor was fishing with a Gibbs http://www.gibbsfishing.com/ High Liner Flasher and his favorite Hoochies. If you are ever looking for a partner to fish with give me a call. 250 632 1275. :) I would be more than happy to help out.

Summary
Winter Chinook fishing in the Kitimat Harbor is starting to get really good. This fishery is very unpredictable at the best of times because the Winter Chinook are primarily feeding Chinook stocks that are following Bait Fish. If the Bait Fish continue to school up in the Kitimat Harbor as they did this week so will the Winter Chinook (as we refer to them). Wherever the Bait Fish go, the Winter Chinook go. In previous years when the Bait Fish lingered in the Kitimat Harbor all winter so did the Winter Chinook. Here's hoping that this is one of those years.

The Humpback Whales also follow the Bait Fish. We have been experiencing more sightings of Humpback Whales in the Kitimat Harbor than normal and the Winter Chinook fishing has been very good. This phenomenon was also kindly clarified in an email I received from Karen Hansen who is a DFO Fisheries Technician who reads this Fishing Report. Thank You Karen. The bottom line is that if the Bait Fish hang out in the Kitimat Harbor, so will the Humpback Whales, so will the Winter Chinook and so will !! Stay Tuned…

Thank You to everyone for providing photos and info to this Fishing Report.

Good Health and Good Fishing!

Sincerely and Cheers Ron Wakita

NOTICE: Winter Chinook and Crabbing in the Kitimat Harbour is red hot right now. To book your charter boat please contact Noel Gyger anytime. Phone 250-635-2568 E-mail noel@noelgyger.ca

BOOKING NOW for fall Steelhead and all Salmon NEXT YEAR. Let me know if I can be of service to book you with the "best" fishing guide and/or fishing lodges for both river and ocean. There are NO extra charges to book through me, just a lot of free information and advice from a person with years and years of fishing and fish guiding experience. It is like hiring two guides for the price Your “dream trip” awaits. Please Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca anytime…to start planning your trip. Everything will be to your entire satisfaction.

Gary Miltenberger Northwest Angling Adventures

Boy Scouts of America & the Olympics

The Olympics of which I am writing now are not the athletic competitions held every four years, summer and winter, at revolving locations all around the world. The Olympics of which I write are far, far older, and way more enduring, than a set of athletic games which last for only for two weeks in a four-year period.

"The Olympic Mountains is a mountain range on the Olympic Peninsula of western Washington in the United States. The mountains, part of the Pacific Coast Ranges, are not especially high - Mount Olympus is the highest at 7,962 ft (2,427 m) - but the western slopes of the Olympics rise directly out of the Pacific Ocean and are the wettest place in the 48 contiguous states. The Hoh Ranger Station in the Hoh Rain Forest records an average of 360 cm (142 in) of rainfall each year. Areas to the east of the mountains, however, are located in a rainshadow and are much drier relative to other places in coastal Washington. Most of the mountains are protected within the bounds of the Olympic National Park. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Mountains)."

It was quite awhile after the first Europeans settled in Puget Sound before these mountains were fully explored. Early on, it was rumoured that inside the core of the mountains was a small, tropical ecosystem, with warm weather year-around, palm trees, and trade-wind breezes. "In 1890, a second exploration was organized by the Seattle Press, a Seattle newspaper. The exploration party met with misfortune, including sinking boats, blizzards, and running out of food. The Press Expedition was forced to hunt and eat bears. The party took 6 months to cross the mountains. Due to the expedition, many of the peaks in the Olympic mountains are named after prominent newspaper publishers and editors of the late 19th century." Needless to say, the intrepid explorers who undertook this journey, did not find the tropical paradise that was rumoured to exist in the centre of the mountains!

The Olympic Mountains form the core of the Olympic National Park. They are some 890,000+ acres of remote and rugged wild lands, with giant firs, spruce, hemlock and cedars, tall peaks with year-around snow fields and glaciers, deer, elk, cougars and black bears, many lakes, and a very wide variety of rivers, streams and creeks. Most of the waters of these Olympics hold fish. Some of them hold very, very big fish!

Starting north of Shelton as one drives up the state Highway 101, you first cross the Skokomish River, then you come to the southeastern shore of Hood Canal. After the tiny canal community of Hoodsport, the highway follows the canal as you then come to the Hamma Hamma, Duckabush, Dosewallips, and Quilicene Rivers, in that order, all of which flow into Hood Canal. You pass through the villages of Brinnen and Quilicene along the way. Next, you cross the Dungeness River, which flows into Discovery Bay of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. After that, the highway swings west, to the farming and retirement town of Sequim (which receives the lowest annual rainfall in western Washington, due to being in the "rain-shadow" of the Olympics). Then onward to Port Angeles, the Olympic peninsula's largest city, and home of Peninsula College, where I attended my first year of college.

Continuing west from Port Angeles, you cross the Elwha River (which drains into the Strait of Juan de Fuca), you go past Sutherland Lake, drive along the south shore of Lake Crescent, then upslope to the Soleduck River headwaters, where you start heading south. You cross Soleduck and the Calawah Rivers, and next pass through the logging town of Forks. Then the Bogachiel River, next the Hoh, Queets, Quinalt, which all flow directly into the Pacific Ocean, then you cross the Humptulips River (drains directly into Grays Harbor) before coming to the cities of Hoquim and Aberdeen, which are positioned at the inside shore of Gray's Harbour, where the Chehalis River meets the ocean. Heading east from Aberdeen, you cross the Wynootchie and then the Satsop Rivers, before re-entering Mason County and getting back to Shelton. The Wynootchie and Satsop drain into the Chehalis River, which drains into Gray`s Harbor. If memory serves me right, it is about a 350 mile drive to "make-the-loop".

I have fished all of these rivers, except for the Soleduck, Quilicene and Dungeness. It’s good to have a reason to return, in my retirement years!

To my knowledge, nowhere is there a greater concentration of rivers, which all support Salmonid populations, in such a short distance and small geographical area, than on the Olympic Peninsula. While each of these rivers has their own individual characteristics, they all also share one thing in common: each forms the spoke of a wheel, radiating outwards from the centre of the Olympic Mountains, this source of their origin.

I wish that I had a nickel for every mile hiked by Boy Scouts through the Olympic National Park. I would be a VERY wealthy man! Scout troops from all over the western US arrive to hike and camp along the wilderness trails of the Olympics every summer.

With its close proximity to Shelton, the Olympics were ideally suited for Scout troops, for both taking short, week-ender treks, and for longer, week-long summer-time treks through the core of the of the those mountains.

Little did I know, when I signed up for the Scouting program, that it also meant signing up for treks into the Olympic Mountains! And that meant gaining access to their fabled waters, where I could dunk a worm, work a fly, or even bait a hook with a small hunk of a hot-dog, when I had nothing else for bait. Overall, it provided adventures beyond my wildest dreams. For the farm-boy, who started his angling days tramping the banks of Coffee Creek in Shelton Valley, and Goldsborough Creek, the Olympics were as close to heaven as I ever wanted to be! At least, that’s what I thought back then!

On a clear day, we could see the tops of Mount Washington and Mount Eleanor, when looking north from our farm. These two peaks are located at the southeastern corner of the Olympics, and the headwaters of the Skokomish River flows past their bases, via Lake Cushman and the Skok's North Fork.

My first trek into the Olympics, with Scout Troop 110, was a week-ender “yo-yo” trip.....drive out to Hoodsport, up past Lake Cushman, to the Staircase, then up the trail along the North Fork of the Skokomish River, and back out the same way. It was the same drill as our Goldsborough Creek camp-out. We met at Mountainview school late Friday afternoon, drove to the Staircase Ranger station (a little over an hour’s drive). We signed in at the Ranger station, then we then hiked the 5.6 miles to the Big Log Camp, where we set up our tents, made campfires, formed our little k.p. four-scout units, and "cooked out" over open fires.

After our evening meal and completion of k.p. duty, it was time for evening "campfire", a scouting tradition.
Songs were sung, stories told, skits were performed which had be prepared during our Wednesday evening weekly meetings (in anticipation of this trip), and of course, marshmallows were roasted on sticks. All was very well in our world!

On Saturday, we all took a day hike to the "1st Divide", which was the height-of-land between the North Fork of the Skokomish, the Duckabush and the Quinalt Rivers...then we returned back to our camp at Big Log. Much of the trail from Staircase to the 1st Divide followed the river, and at every chance I was eyeing-up the water, and making mental notes for future piscatorial explorations. It all looked really, really "trouty" to me! As I recall, I hadn't been allowed to bring along fishing tackle on this junket. I was only 12-years old at the time, and we weren't allowed to take off exploring on our own on such trips. But I knew that I would eventually be returning here, with fishing tackle. And I did several times in my late teen years, once I could drive!

Sunday morning, after breakfast, we packed up, and hiked back out to Staircase.

Next week: "Olympic Fish Tales".

Tight lines, Gary Miltenberger

Product Profile

Scotty http://www.scotty.com

The Way to Fish

Fishing Gear & Equipment

No. 400 ORCA Rodholder

With one quick motion, your fishing rod is lifted straight out into the fighting position.
Click on link for short video demonstration:
http://www.scotty.com/fishing-gear-equi ... medium.mov

Main features:
Unique Side or Deck Mounting Bracket and New! Lock Down Feature
Tilts up and down, including upright for rod storage when travelling
Less missed strike opportunities
Swivels 360 degrees
Locks closed for travelling

Download their New! catalogue on their website http://www.scotty.com

Contact info: http://www.scotty.com
Phone: 1-800-214-0141

Scotty is a B.C based company. Scotty Products are distributed by Redl Sports Distributors http://www.redlsports.com/ and these fine products are available at the Best Dealers in the Northwest, City Centre Hardware and Sporting Goods in Kitimat, J and E's Tackle in Prince Rupert, Oscars Source for Sports in Smithers and Fish Tales in Terrace, BC

Noel Gyger fishing video clips on YouTube

Check out Noel Gyger fishing video clips
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=noelgyger Over 413,212 uploaded views.

Chinook Video clips for 2010 season

The following are YouTube links. To watch in the highest quality “full screen” mode choose setting of 480p

June 17 32-pound Kitimat River Chinook Plays for 2:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfe0sBRphc0
June 22 Kitimat Chinook Adventure Plays for 4:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMk5oWOs1tE
July 8 CLACKACRAFT Kitimat Chinook Plays for 2:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKleEU9bcMg
July 27 Skeena River King Salmon Plays for 3:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9eQ66zFP14

Guest Reports and Photos

*** If any of you have special fishing photos, testimonials, scenic river photos, wildlife photos or articles I would love to see them.

Marketplace

Contact me noel@noelgyger.ca anytime to post your items. There is no charge for a posting. Here are the latest postings:

Rod Days for Sale

For Sale: 50 Skeena River, section 2, classified rod-days for $2000. These rod-days come without the license. Without license means they can be sold only to guides that already own Skeena 2 rod-days. Contact Noel Gyger for more info.

Real Estate

Beautiful Log home right next to the famous Kitimat River

Kitimat BC A True Fisherman or Wilderness Lovers Dream Home. 2 minutes to Kitimat River Boat Launch. 3 Bedroom 2 full bathrooms, 2 Levels 1000sq/ft each plus 500sq/ft loft. 1000sq/ft detached heated shop with games room, plus second storage shed on extremely private tree'd lot. Beautiful cozy log cabin style home. Heated floors, many updates, New spa-steam-shower-tub, plus separate stand up shower in main floor bathroom. Loads of potential. Western Red and Yellow Cedar logs, 12"-20"" round. Unique Home. Asking $350,000. Please contact Noel Gyger for more information noel@noelgyger.ca

Terrace, BC This property is a ten minute drive from the Terrace/Kitimat Airport part way between Terrace and Kitimat. Near Mount Layton Hot springs, within 45 minutes of internationally acclaimed Shames Mountain, 15 minutes from 18 Holes at the Skeena Valley Golf Club, and central in all directions from world class salmon fishing, mountain biking, hiking or kayaking. This property features over 400 feet of sandy beachfront. While approximately 25 acres is left forested, the balance has been levelled and prepared for your dream home, or potential development. This property is home to local wildlife, including Moose, Deer, and perhaps the occasional Spirit Bear, plus countless smaller mammals and birds. This property is truly a one of a kind natural treasure. Properties of this quality rarely become available, act now! Contact Noel for more info. noel@noelgyger.ca

For Sale: Beautiful one level 4600 sq. ft. home on Skeena River Front 22km East of Terrace, BC

4.92 acres, fenced/landscaped around home. Click here to watch a 14 second video clip http://www.noelgyger.ca/video-clips/nor ... o-clip.wmv that shows the best gravel bar fishing for Salmon and Steelhead just out your door with stunning mountain views. Fruit trees, flowers, lawn. House was built in 1994 and has 4 bedrooms (so spacious, it could be 6 or more), 3 bathrooms, jacuzzi tub, fireplace, security system, double garage, tool-shed, storage buildings. The kitchen and dining room are open to one another and adjoins the family room where all the windows draw you in to look out over the Skeena River. The properties adjoining both sides of this home belong to the crown, so your privacy is assured. Suitable as a private home, B&B, lodge, or a private conference centre. Appraised at $640,000 discounted to $475,000 (fully furnished) for quick sale. Contact Noel Gyger for more info noel@noelgyger.ca New! Oct 27/10

Terrace, BC With over 3200 feet of river front, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural spring on the property, mobile home and guest cabin, barn, stable, workshop, gardens, a 5 1/2 acre area that was formerly a vegetable growing plot that supplied the local area and has been fallow for several years now. May be organically certifiable. Pick your fishing spot along the riverfront, with several different good looking options available. Clear views of the Seven Sisters range, plus mountains to the East, West and South as well. Located 76 KM East of Terrace this is literally a piece of Paradise on Earth. The balance of the property carries up the ridge toward the majestic peaks on the South side of Highway 16. Perfect as a small farm or build your dream home. Contact Noel for more info, maps and more photo's noel@noelgyger.ca

Smithers BC - 8 terraced acres of Bulkley River Waterfront. Experience the advantage of natures tranquility only 20 minutes from downtown Smithers, BC. Prime building lot awaits your ideas for development. Proven year round water source. Boat launch access for world class fishing, kayaking, rafting, etc. School bus service available. Recreation waterfront and privacy all at your door step. $175,000 Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca for detail and more photo's.

Kispiox BC - Fishing paradise out your back door, world record steelhead were caught in this fishing hole. 24 acres of rare Kispiox Riverfront and host to the "Cottonwood Hole". Level, benched property part. Flood plain. Value of old homestead at buyers discretion. Prettiest small parcel in the valley. $249,000 Contact Noel Gyger for detail and more photo's. noel@noelgyger.ca

Wanted to Buy

I have a client who is interested in property of 5-10 acres or larger on the Skeena River or one of the tribs, not too far out from Terrace BC. Need winter access, hydro and phone connection, or at least wireless coverage. He wants to be able to walk down to the river with his Spey rod and fish, so Skeena 4 would be ideal, but no farther than USK. If you have larger acreage that is sub-dividable to suit my client please Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca

Contact me anytime to post your FOR SALE river or ocean front property. Retirement folks from around the world are looking for this type of investment where they can fish the rest of their lives and still be close to home! There is NO charge for a posting. My FISHING REPORT AND WEBSITE has world wide reach. Monthly average: over 600,000 server requests handled.

View current postings http://www.noelgyger.ca/recreation-reti ... rfront.htm

Hi Noel, I have a client/friend that I’ve been fishing with in the Terrace and Smithers area for the past 10 years. We have been looking recently at land in order to put up a small fishing cabin but we’ve noticed that most land listings in the Terrace area are for large plots. I was wondering if you know of anyone that has a larger plot of land on the Skeena (around Usk would be perfect) that would be interested in subdividing out a section of about 1 or 2 acres. Walking access to Skeena would be nice but not necessary.

I would be able to handle the legal work and associated costs to subdivide, so I just need someone who might be interested in selling off a small piece of their land that they aren’t using. Also, it would need to have vehicle access which we could do by registered right of way across sellers prop if unavailable otherwise. Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca if you have such property and I will put you in contact with the buyer.

B&B’s For Sale

Sooke, BC Ocean Wilderness Inn This breathtaking 4.6 acre oceanfront property boasts a private setting with small creek towering trees and lots of wildlife for photographers and nature lovers. The beautiful walk on waterfront is almost a full mile of private beach. The home offers 9 very large bedrooms with large bathrooms. The fir floors blend into the log theme of the home, everyone who visits feels at ease in this comfortable home. Current owners have done extensive renovations to keep the property in top condition. The home has been featured in several publications and is well known for its great meals, crystal clear water, spectacular gardens and customer service. Enjoy spectacular views from the hot tub. Just a few minutes drive to fabulous salmon fishing and surfing beaches. Contact Noel Gyger for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

Moon Shadows B&B 4500 square foot home on an acre of beautiful gardens, lots of room for toys in barn and storage shed. What a wonderful life choice with the ocean at your door step and fabulous Islands and inlets to discover while sailing or kayaking, fabulous fishing, clamming and oysters. Just a wonderful way to enjoy life while raising your family. Home is fully operational as a B&B, and is being sold with all furnishings, bedding and kitchen tools as the current owners are leaving the province. Contact Noel for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

Sooke, BC Coopers Cove Guest House Beautifully appointed 6 bedroom 7 bathroom waterfront B&B. This spectacular B&B was featured on Oprah for its gourmet cooking classes. Fabulous large professional kitchen, wonderful grounds complete with herb and vegetable gardens, and two hot tubs. Home is steps from the Galloping Goose Trail leading into the heart of Victoria. Contact Noel for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

To view the items currently listed please cast to: http://www.noelgyger.ca/market-place.htm

Website Sponsors

Redl Sports http://www.redlsports.com
Normark http://www.rapala.ca
Simms http://www.simmsfishing.com
Tuf Line http://www.tuf-line.com
Baitrix http://www.baitrix.com
Pure Fishing http://www.purefishing.com
Ace Line Hauler http://www.acelinehauler.com
Islander Reels http://www.islander.com
Lyman Lures http://www.lymanlures.com
Scotty http://www.scotty.com
Bubba’s Bait Barn http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com
Gibb-Delta http://www.gibbsfishing.com
Shimano http://fish.shimano.com
Power Pro http://powerpro.com
G.Loomis http://www.gloomis.com

Advertise on the Noel Gyger Website and Weekly Fishing Report and grow your revenue

Want rates for sponsorship? Just go here http://www.noelgyger.ca/advertise.htm

Check the website stats for yourself: http://www.noelgyger.ca/stats

It is a "good" idea to advertise online because Canadians spend more time on their computers than watching television. They spend 18.1 hours per week online compared with 16.9 hours watching television. Go here to read the survey http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2010/0 ... abits.html

My GOAL is to increase TOURISM
You do not have to be a fishing guide to benefit from advertising on Noel Gyger's website. All tourism businesses, tackle businesses and others will benefit.

over 25 years promoting tourism and fish guiding experience
join your consumers on an angling journey of a lifetime
communicate your unique brand awareness to new and existing consumers
noelgyger.ca provides you with this opportunity with a limited time website advertising offer at reasonable prices
gain an edge over your competitors in this ever-expanding market

BOOKING NOW for fall Steelhead and all Salmon NEXT YEAR. Let me know if I can be of service to book you with the "best" fishing guide and/or fishing lodges for both river and ocean. There are NO extra charges to book through me, just a lot of free information and advice from a person with years and years of fishing and fish guiding experience. It is like hiring two guides for the price Your “dream trip” awaits. Please Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca anytime…to start planning your trip. Everything will be to your entire satisfaction

Contact information

GOOD LUCK and GOOD FISHING!

Yours sincerely,

Noel F. Gyger

Guided Fishing Adventures and Weekly Fishing Report
E-mail: noel@noelgyger.ca
Home Page: http://www.noelgyger.ca
Fishing Reports: http://www.noelgyger.ca/past-fishing-reports.htm
Sign-up for Weekly Fishing Report: http://www.noelgyger.ca/subscribers_form.htm for Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert and Meziadin North
RECORD SALMON & STEELHEAD Spin or fly-fishing
RIVER, LAKE, STREAM or OCEAN!!!
RSS feed News Bulletin http://www.noelgyger.ca/newsbulletin001.xml
RSS feed Itunes Podcast http://www.noelgyger.ca/itunes.xml
Follow Noel Gyger updates on Twitter: http://twitter.com/guided_fishing
"You meet the nicest people on the river banks"

To sign-up to receive these fishing reports to your personal e-mail in-box go here: http://www.noelgyger.ca/subscribers_form.htm

It is NOT too late to book a guided river or ocean trip

RIVER FISHING Lots of day bookings available for Zymoetz (Copper River) in November. BEST fly fishing for Steelhead in the world awaits you. Contact Noel to book NOW! noel@noelgyger.ca

OCEAN FISHING Winter Chinook and Crabbing in the Kitimat Harbour is red hot right now. To book your charter boat please contact Noel Gyger anytime. Phone 250-635-2568 E-mail noel@noelgyger.ca

NOW BOOKING for 2011: Let me know if I can be of service to book you with the "best" fishing guide and/or fishing lodges for both river and ocean. There are NO extra charges to book through me, just a lot of free information and advice from a person with years and years of fishing and fish guiding experience. It is like hiring two guides for the price of one. I will promptly answer your questions and concerns. Contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca to book NOW.
Attachments
Nov 5_2010  Wes Owen invited Noel Gyger and me (Ron Wakita) for a morning trip in<br />the Kitimat Harbor to fish for Winter Chinook and do some Crabbing.  The forecast<br />was calling for &quot;Cloudy with Showers&quot;.  We were pleasantly surprised with calm seas,<br />sunshine, good fishing and even better Crabbing.  With honorable mention to Gail's<br />Cookies.  We hooked 6 Winter Chinook boating 3 beauties.  The largest Chinook was<br />25lbs or better.  The Stars of our fishing trip was the &quot;E Clip&quot; which is marketed<br />by Pro Troll, Pro Troll's Hot Chip 11&quot; Green Flasher and Hot Spot's Blue Green<br />Flasher.  4 of the 6 Chinook were caught with these lures.  Pro Troll products are<br />not new on the market but this was the first fishing trip that I have fished with<br />them.  I spent some time with Russell Gahagan, Pro Troll's Regional Sales Manager at<br />the Redl Show http://www.redlsports.com who impressed me enough to fish these Pro<br />Troll's products.  I am sure glad we did because they sure worked great this morning<br />and the proof is in the pictures!  The other 2 Chinook were hooked with Wes'<br />favorite Winter Chinook set-up which includes a Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca Abe<br />and Al #1 Prism Flasher with a Rhys Davis Blue/Green Anchovy Teaser and a Rhys Davis Anchovy.  Noel, Wes and I had a great time catching Chinook as well as harassing<br />each other and eating Gail's cookies while watching the rods. To book an ocean<br />charter for the Winter Chinook contact Noel Gyger anytime.  Phone 250-635-2568<br />E-mail noel@noelgygerca
Nov 5_2010 Wes Owen invited Noel Gyger and me (Ron Wakita) for a morning trip in
the Kitimat Harbor to fish for Winter Chinook and do some Crabbing. The forecast
was calling for "Cloudy with Showers". We were pleasantly surprised with calm seas,
sunshine, good fishing and even better Crabbing. With honorable mention to Gail's
Cookies. We hooked 6 Winter Chinook boating 3 beauties. The largest Chinook was
25lbs or better. The Stars of our fishing trip was the "E Clip" which is marketed
by Pro Troll, Pro Troll's Hot Chip 11" Green Flasher and Hot Spot's Blue Green
Flasher. 4 of the 6 Chinook were caught with these lures. Pro Troll products are
not new on the market but this was the first fishing trip that I have fished with
them. I spent some time with Russell Gahagan, Pro Troll's Regional Sales Manager at
the Redl Show http://www.redlsports.com who impressed me enough to fish these Pro
Troll's products. I am sure glad we did because they sure worked great this morning
and the proof is in the pictures! The other 2 Chinook were hooked with Wes'
favorite Winter Chinook set-up which includes a Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca Abe
and Al #1 Prism Flasher with a Rhys Davis Blue/Green Anchovy Teaser and a Rhys Davis Anchovy. Noel, Wes and I had a great time catching Chinook as well as harassing
each other and eating Gail's cookies while watching the rods. To book an ocean
charter for the Winter Chinook contact Noel Gyger anytime. Phone 250-635-2568
E-mail noel@noelgygerca
Photo of the Week: Season Review: Photo shows April Vokey of Fly Gal Ventures<br />http://www.flygal.ca  with a nice Coho (Silver) Salmon caught while angling for<br />Steelhead.  Got to be fun!  Fly Gal specializes in fly-casting instructionals,<br />workshops, guided trips, wilderness camps and ladies clothing. April was filming<br />with Nick Pujic of Fly Max Films http://www.flymaxfilms.com in northern BC.  Their<br />host was Nicholas Dean Lodge.<br /><br /> Click on this link: http://vimeo.com/15575222  to watch a short preview of the<br />season finale of Fly Nation TV shot at Nicholas Dean Lodge<br />http://www.nicholasdean.com on the beautiful Skeena watershed. Don't miss it, and<br />don't ever pass up an opportunity to visit yourself.  Photo by Nick Pujic.  To book<br />your fishing trip with Nicholas Dean Lodge contact Noel Gyger Phone 250-635-2568<br />E-mail noel@noelgyger.ca
Photo of the Week: Season Review: Photo shows April Vokey of Fly Gal Ventures
http://www.flygal.ca with a nice Coho (Silver) Salmon caught while angling for
Steelhead. Got to be fun! Fly Gal specializes in fly-casting instructionals,
workshops, guided trips, wilderness camps and ladies clothing. April was filming
with Nick Pujic of Fly Max Films http://www.flymaxfilms.com in northern BC. Their
host was Nicholas Dean Lodge.

Click on this link: http://vimeo.com/15575222 to watch a short preview of the
season finale of Fly Nation TV shot at Nicholas Dean Lodge
http://www.nicholasdean.com on the beautiful Skeena watershed. Don't miss it, and
don't ever pass up an opportunity to visit yourself. Photo by Nick Pujic. To book
your fishing trip with Nicholas Dean Lodge contact Noel Gyger Phone 250-635-2568
E-mail noel@noelgyger.ca

Return to “Fishing Reports”