Year End Steelhead

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
NoelGyger
Trail Guide

Year End Steelhead

Post by NoelGyger »

http://www.noelgyger.ca

Weekly Fishing Reports (Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert and Meziadin North)

Noel GygerDecember 12 to December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays everyone!

Dear Fishing Friends:
:welcome:
Note Bookmarks should appear on the left side when you open this PDF. If they do
NOT just click on the “Blue Ribbon” Bookmark icon to open.

SUMMARY: Mild weather at the beginning of the week but colder on the weekend. This is excellent weather for winter Steelhead and Cutthroat Trout fishing.
The Skeena River is in good shape but full of ice flows. Steelheading is over. There might be some Trout available.
The Kalum River is in good shape and fishing for Steelhead is excellent.
The Zymoetz (Copper) River is in good shape and fishing for Steelhead is fair.
The Lakelse River is in good shape and fishing for Steelhead and Trout is good. Lake ice fishing has started. Beware of thin ice during the warmer weather.
Kitimat River;
the river conditions were excellent the latter part of this week and there were lots of Trout being caught. Please dress warm, the temperature has dropped but the Trout fishing can still be very enjoyable if you are properly dressed for it.
Douglas Channel;
Winter Chinook are very unpredictable during this time of year. The Winter Chinook will roam around looking for baitfish. The baitfish eventually wander into the Kitimat Harbour and the "Bites back on". Stay Tuned!
Prince Rupert has fantastic Winter Chinook fishing. With the approach of the 18th annual Marc (Dezi) Desautels Blue Knuckle Fishing Derby on December 27th there has been lots of activity on the water. Everyone seems to be getting out and trying their luck and for the most part it has been paying off. With the great prize money and fantastic door prizes donated by local merchants towards this Charitable Event tickets are selling fast. With limited tickets printed your chances of winning are excellent. Don’t delay, get your tickets today before they are gone. If you would like to book a comfortable, warm Charter Boat for Winter Chinook and Dungeness Crab in Kitimat or Prince Rupert please contact me noel@noelgyger.ca anytime. There is a New! guiding and fishing destination for 2011 being developed in the far northwest of BC and Alaska Rivers where you can: "fly fish for and catch salmon, steelhead and trout until your arms will feel like they will fall off!" Click on the Fishing Report BOOKMARK "Gary Miltenberger - New Destination Stikine River plus a dozen more rivers. BOOKING NOW for 2011" Check out the full report for this great news and much, much more... This week guide reports came from Ron Wakita, Ariel Kuppers, Tracey Hittel and Jeff Carlson. Thank you to the fishing guides who sent reports and photos. It is very much appreciated!

New Items on Website

- December 12, 2010 One New item (re BC Halibut issue)
http://www.noelgyger.ca/news-bulletin.htm

River Reports Weather - Normal temp - Sunrise & Sunset - Tyee Test Fishery – Tides – Hydrometric Data

Kalum River Is in good shape both upper and lower end and fishing is excellent for Steelhead. Both spin and fly is working well. Little cold on the weekend but don’t let that deter you from going fishing.

Lakelse River Is in good shape and fishing for Steelhead and Trout is excellent. Both spin and fly is working well.

Skeena River The Skeena River is full of ice flows. Fishing for Steelhead is over. There may be some Trout available.

Zymoetz (Copper) River The water is in good shape but has some ice flows. I have had reports of excellent Steelhead catches using both spin, conventional and fly gear.

Fishing Guide and Tackle Shop Reports

Summary for Skeena and Tributaries
Fishing This Week
EXCELLENT

Type of Fish Caught
River: Steelhead, Cutthroat Trout and Dolly Varden Char.
Ocean: All five species of Salmon, Halibut, Bottom Fish and Dungeness and King Crab for ocean.

Largest Fish of the Week
River: 15-pound Steelhead from Zymoetz (Copper) River. Ocean: 26-pound Winter Chinook

Tracey Hittel – Kitimat Lodge

Welcome to Kitimat Lodge
Experience the best in coastal fishing.
Rivers teeming with Salmon and Steelhead flowing into the saltwater of the Kitimat Region
Lodge caters to freshwater and saltwater clients from around the globe
Lodge capacity is 24 guests per week, 18 suites in all, privately located on the cliffs carved by the Kitimat River
Walking distance to Kitimat River
Located mouth of Douglas Channel
Our sea-run Steelhead season begins March 15th and we target all 5 species of Salmon until December 1st
Make Kitimat Lodge your destination for 2011
We are open 365 day a year

CHRISTMAS FISHING REPORT KITIMAT LODGE BC CANADA

With the Christmas season just around the corner it was only proper that I send out the last report of the 2010 season. My Christmas gift came early this week as Archie Begin and I spent a couple of day’s jet boating the local rivers. After guiding clients all year it was my time to wet the line and the Steelhead were as aggressive as ever. One of the pools we call the Mike Graham run produced a dozen Steelhead. One of the Steelhead pushed 20lbs and after half an hour it kissed us goodbye at the shoreline as the hook popped out. Oh well, we landed so many that day we just high fived after it got off. Steelhead Trout are the freshwater game fish and people travel from around the globe to chase these beautiful creatures and I am fortunate to take them out to catch them.
With the snowfall now knee deep the weather is crisp and clean. The rivers are surrounded by hungry eagles perched in the trees, for a short time only, as they swoop down to capture the small trout that are playing in the shallow rocks.
The 2010 season was our busiest season on record and we thank all our new friends for joining us as well our repeat clients who have enjoyed staying at our lodge and being catered by professional guides and lodge staff.
I have attached pics I have taken the past week of us on the river and the winter wonderland we live in, enjoy!
During the winter the lodge remains open as usual, arriving guests can enjoy the local Heli-Skiing and awesome Snow mobiling on the local mountains, not to mention winter Steelhead and Trout fishing.
We at the Kitimat Lodge wish you all a Happy New Year and see you in 2011.

Tight lines. Tracey Hittel

Ron Wakita: Reliable Guide and Charters, Kitimat BC

Home Hardware Tackle Shop E-mail wakita@telus.net Phone 250-632-1275

Kitimat River The river conditions were excellent the latter part of this week and there were lots of Trout being caught. Please dress warm, the temperature has dropped but the Trout fishing can still be very enjoyable if you are properly dressed for it.

Paul Johnson reports he heard of 3 Steelhead caught on the Kitimat River. Jason Ringham also reports that Frank Pesunti caught a 10lb Steelhead on the Kitimat River. The Kitimat River is not typically known for a very large Winter Steelhead run but it appears that there are a few more Steelhead on the Kitimat than normal this year. River conditions this season have been very good which has allowed more angler effort. This may also be contributing to the increased catch of Trout and Steelhead.

Dec 16 Ariel Kuppers and Justin Lowes hooked 19 Trout and landed 8. They were fishing with a Gibbs http://www.gibbsfishing.com/ Float and the "Kitimat Combo" which is a 3” Berkley http://www.purefishing.com/ Power Bait Worm and a Dew Worm from Bubba's Bait Barn http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com/ . Ariel also hooked a few with a "Pink Worm" pattern that he had tied. Ariel was using a Dragonfly 9' 8wt Rod with a Dragonfly Expedition Fly Reel made by Redl Sports http://www.redlsports.com/ . He was using a Scientific Angler Sink Tip Fly line and Cortland http://www.rapala.ca/ backing. Both Ariel and Justin were wearing fleece made by Simms http://www.simmsfishing.com/ . Well done guys. Congratulations!

The Steelhead Society of BC (SSBC) the Northern Branch, Minister of Environment (MOE) and City Centre Hardware and Sporting Goods are conducting a Creel Survey of Trout populations on the Kitimat River under the supervision of Mr. Brian Kean. Any Anglers interested in participating please contact Brian jbkean@hotmail.com or Ron Wakita wakita@telus.net.

Summary:
The Trout fishing will continue to be very good providing the weather conditions continue to produce excellent river conditions.

Douglas Channel:

Dec 9, 10 Victor Lick reports, "Ok here is my latest report. After getting an unexpected day off from work Thursday Dec. 9th, just happens it was my Bday, I went out for a chance at another Chinook. It has been so slow with the change in the weather. My hopes were high as it was a beautiful day and the temp. had gone up. Well still no luck for me. The water was perfect and the day calm. I took a pic of the Marina sleeping all the boats tarped up. I saw 2 Sea Lions and managed a pic of one not great but it was neat to see them. The water is so clear now".

Dec 11 Victor Lick reports, "It was a very mild day with a light wind from the North. I no sooner had my line in the water after clearing the Marina when a nice salmon took. It screamed off line as I went astern to raise the down rigger. I worked my way forward to fight the fish in my normal spot. Got it into the net when it managed to flip one more time and out and gone. Nice fish. I hooked up again only this time after a couple of head shakes it took off. It seemed to accelerate and almost spooled me then broke off. I am not sure but maybe a seal grabbed it and ran. Managed to sail across the bay on light wind, perfect troll speed so was able to enjoy fishing under sail. It is a very quiet way to fish and adds a bit of a challenge when one hooks up. I did not today. Got one more shaker late in the day.

I radioed the Fish Magnet as they were also out today. They reported boating a couple and releasing some shakers. I again was using hoochies. They were using anchovies. Not sure how particular these feeders are."

Dec 12 Victor Lick reports, "Ron, I was out in the snowfall Sunday. Great expectations of a fish. Got one but it was only a shaker. Great day, seas calm with a layer of slush on the surface. I took a few snowy pics while fishing, so use any if you want. One Sea Lion spotted, same area I caught fish yesterday. Looks like another cold snap coming this week. Have a happy holiday season." Thank you for the info and pictures Victor. The fishing was not really good but that is the nature of Winter Chinook fishing. Good for being able to get out and enjoy the water. Happy belated Birthday!

Summary:
The Winter Chinook is very unpredictable during this time of year and turns on and off. The Winter Chinook will roam around looking for baitfish. The baitfish eventually wander into the Kitimat Harbour and the "Bites back on". Stay Tuned!

Halibut Issue: We would like to acknowledge and Thank everyone who has taken the time to send a letter to the Minister regarding the DFO Halibut Allocation Issue. We would like to increase awareness of this issue in every community across Canada but we need your help.

I recently wrote a letter to the Editor for the Kitimat Northern Sentinel. (copied below) This letter contains all the up to date, pertinent information required to inform Anglers of the DFO Halibut Allocation Policy issue.

We are asking Anglers from B.C, Alberta and all across Canada to write a similar letter to the Editor in every community across Canada. Anyone who is interested, please personalize my letter to the Editor and send it to your local newspaper. Feel free to contact me wakita@telus.net or SFI info@sportfishing.bc.ca for any assistance . These letters to the Editor would be a huge contribution to the cause. Once informed, the facts speak for themselves. Every Canadian should be appalled by this grossly unfair distribution of a Canadian Common resource.

Please help spread the word and encourage others to write or email the Minister. If everyone does a small part, collectively we can make a big difference.

To the Editor:

The intended purpose of this letter is to inform all Recreational Anglers of the Department of Fisheries and Ocean's (DFO) Halibut Allocation Policy. The specific injustice of the current DFO's Halibut Policy is that it allocates 88% of Halibut Stocks to 436 Commercial Halibut License Holders and 12% to the rest of the Canadian population who are potential Recreation Anglers. How a grossly unfair distribution of a Canadian Common resource exists defies common sense. Furthermore, because of this policy, Halibut closed to Recreation Anglers Oct 18th in 2010 while the Commercial sector fished on. This is not a conservation issue, it is a misallocation of Halibut Stocks.

The Sport Fishing Institute estimates that if the current DFO Halibut Allocation Policy is not changed Halibut will be closed to Recreation Anglers as early as July 2011.

The Sports Fishing Institute, B.C Wildlife Federation (BCWLF) and the Sports Fishing Advisory Board (SFAB) have been negotiating with D.F.O with no success. The only way that this absurd policy is going to change is for the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans to receive a letter or email from each and every Recreational angler and indeed from each and every Canadian who thinks this policy is wrong.

The importance of letters or emails to the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, Minister Gail Shea Shea.G@parl.gc.ca can NOT be emphasized enough.
If everyone does their part by sending a letter or email to the Minister collectively we can make a difference.

The Sports Fishing Institute (SFI) has just formed an alliance with the B.C Wildlife Federation (BCWLF), the Southern Vancouver Island Anglers Association and the BC Federation of Driftfishers to right the imbalance of this unfair allocation of Canada's Halibut resource. This alliance has also launched a website http://www.sfibc.com to provide information. They are also asking other groups to join this alliance. Please contact Alison Obrecht at SFI if your group wishes to join. alison@sportfishing.bc.ca We are hoping every Fishing Group, Rod and Gun, Chamber of Commerce, Labour Union and many other groups join this alliance.

SFI is also coordinating the efforts of individuals by requesting that copies of letters and emails to the Minister be sent to info@sportfishing.bc.ca

Please also send a copy of your letter or email to your Member of Parliament. Our MP for Skeena is Nathan Cullen Cullen.N@parl.gc.ca

The voice of everyone who thinks that the DFO Halibut Allocation Policy is wrong, needs to be heard in Ottawa. Please send an email or letter to the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans. I also urge everyone to forward this info to everyone in their Address Book.

Honorable Minister Gail Shea Shea.G@parl.gc.ca

Honorable Minister Gail Shea
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

A letter to the Minister does not require a stamp, only an envelope and a few minutes of your time. You will be rewarded with the satisfaction of doing your part to correct a DFO policy that is grossly unfair. If everyone does a small part, collectively we can make a Big difference.

Sincerest Regards Ron Wakita

Special Report

Glen Kilcup of Fish Hawk Guiding reports:

"Well despite weather conditions, (it hasn't really been too bad) steelhead are still very aggressive on the bite. Out a few times this week with fishin' buddy Mike Primeau, we both did well using Luhr Jensen http://www.rapala.ca/ planer boards This enables us to troll plugs from shore and position them exactly where we think the fish will be laying as we walk down steam. It's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you master it, and can get past the launching frustrations, the pay off is huge. Steelhead clobber those plugs harder than anything else I believe and it's that initial take that can't be beat! our terminal choice is my ultimate favorite...the Storm Hot N tot http://www.rapala.ca/ . AH139 metallic rainbow trout is my all time choice for many species of fish. Mike had good success with the chrome body black back. The original series is the best as it gives you the option of adjusting the lip for a deeper dive and a harder wiggle. Storm http://www.rapala.ca/ has introduced a few new looks to the hot n tot line...one of my big producers is the AHM565 pearl ghost. Hot n tots are also great producers for any salmon and most game fish.

I also had the pleasure of taking Bruce miller fishing. He hadn't fished Steelhead since the early 70's and our day was far above double digits. Gibbs http://www.gibbsfishing.com/ Koho 55 spoons by Gibbs were obvious winners as the silver with red stripe or flourescent back worked well. Copper was also quite productive. Great days fishing with uncommon opportunities. Glen Kilcup Fishawk Guiding"

Congratulations to Glen, Mike and Bruce! Thank You for sharing the photos and the Info.

We are booking for next season! We are also offering Gift Certificates for Guided River Trips and Ocean Charters for Christmas. Anyone interested please contact Noel noel@noelgyger.ca.

Sincerely and Cheers Ron Wakita

Help me plan my guided fishing trip

What do I want to fish for (Salmon, Steelhead or Trout)? When is the best time? What is the best way to fish for them? How long is the guided day? Do we fish from a boat or walk and wade? What kind of boats do the guides use (drift boat, jet boat or raft, etc)? What have other anglers caught at this time? Are there any pictures? What was the biggest fish? What was the weather like? How do I get there? What do I need to bring? Are there any testimonials? YES, go here http://www.noelgyger.ca/testimonials.htm for testimonials.

To start to answer any of the above questions and more please check out the Past Fishing Reports webpage at http://www.noelgyger.ca/past-fishing-reports.htm There are links there that go back to fishing reports from 1996 right up until today. Who should I contact for more information? Contact Noel Gyger he will be more than happy to help you. noel@noelgyger.ca

NOTICE: Winter Chinook and Crabbing in the Kitimat Harbour is red hot right now. To book your charter boat please contact Noel Gyger anytime. Phone 250-635-2568 E-mail noel@noelgyger.ca

Product Profile

G.Loomis http://www.gloomis.com What you fish!

FLY RODS: Trout Rods; Steelhead & Salmon; Saltwater Rods; Warmwater Rods; Performance & Value Rods; GLX Classics.

CONVENTIONAL: Bass Rods; Smallmouth Rods; Classic Bass Rods; Walleye Rods; Muskie Rods; Salmon & Steelhead; Classic Salmon & Steelhead Rods; Saltwater Rods; Trout & Panfish Rods.

G.Loomis Rods are the "Rod of Choice" of many of the Fishing Guides in the North West.

G.Loomis Dealers in the Northwest: City Centre Hardware and Sporting Goods in Kitimat, Oscars Source for Sports in Smithers and Fish Tales Tackle Shop in Terrace

Noel Gyger 96 fishing video clips on YouTube

Check out Noel Gyger fishing video clips
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=noelgyger Over 436,880 uploaded views.

Chinook Video clips from 2010 season

The following are YouTube links. To watch in the highest quality “full screen” mode choose setting of 480p

June 17 32-pound Kitimat River Chinook Plays for 2:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfe0sBRphc0
June 22 Kitimat Chinook Adventure Plays for 4:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMk5oWOs1tE
July 8 CLACKACRAFT Kitimat Chinook Plays for 2:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKleEU9bcMg
July 27 Skeena River King Salmon Plays for 3:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9eQ66zFP14

Marketplace

Contact me noel@noelgyger.ca anytime to post your items. There is no charge for a posting. Here are the latest postings:

Real Estate

Beautiful Log home right next to the famous Kitimat River

Kitimat BC A True Fisherman or Wilderness Lovers Dream Home. 2 minutes to Kitimat River Boat Launch. 3 Bedroom 2 full bathrooms, 2 Levels 1000sq/ft each plus 500sq/ft loft. 1000sq/ft detached heated shop with games room, plus second storage shed on extremely private tree'd lot. Beautiful cozy log cabin style home. Heated floors, many updates, New spa-steam-shower-tub, plus separate stand up shower in main floor bathroom. Loads of potential. Western Red and Yellow Cedar logs, 12"-20"" round. Unique Home. Asking $350,000. Please contact Noel Gyger for more information noel@noelgyger.ca

Terrace, BC This property is a ten minute drive from the Terrace/Kitimat Airport part way between Terrace and Kitimat. Near Mount Layton Hot springs, within 45 minutes of internationally acclaimed Shames Mountain, 15 minutes from 18 Holes at the Skeena Valley Golf Club, and central in all directions from world class salmon fishing, mountain biking, hiking or kayaking. This property features over 400 feet of sandy beachfront. While approximately 25 acres is left forested, the balance has been levelled and prepared for your dream home, or potential development. This property is home to local wildlife, including Moose, Deer, and perhaps the occasional Spirit Bear, plus countless smaller mammals and birds. This property is truly a one of a kind natural treasure. Properties of this quality rarely become available, act now! Contact Noel for more info. noel@noelgyger.ca

For Sale: Beautiful one level 4600 sq. ft. home on Skeena River Front 22km East of Terrace, BC

4.92 acres, fenced/landscaped around home. Click here to watch a 14 second video clip http://www.noelgyger.ca/video-clips/nor ... o-clip.wmv that shows the best gravel bar fishing for Salmon and Steelhead just out your door with stunning mountain views. Fruit trees, flowers, lawn. House was built in 1994 and has 4 bedrooms (so spacious, it could be 6 or more), 3 bathrooms, jacuzzi tub, fireplace, security system, double garage, tool-shed, storage buildings. The kitchen and dining room are open to one another and adjoins the family room where all the windows draw you in to look out over the Skeena River. The properties adjoining both sides of this home belong to the crown, so your privacy is assured. Suitable as a private home, B&B, lodge, or a private conference centre. Appraised at $640,000 discounted to $475,000 (fully furnished) for quick sale. Contact Noel Gyger for more info New! Oct 27/10 noel@noelgyger.ca

Terrace, BC With over 3200 feet of river front, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural spring on the property, mobile home and guest cabin, barn, stable, workshop, gardens, a 5 1/2 acre area that was formerly a vegetable growing plot that supplied the local area and has been fallow for several years now. May be organically certifiable. Pick your fishing spot along the riverfront, with several different good looking options available. Clear views of the Seven Sisters range, plus mountains to the East, West and South as well. Located 76 KM East of Terrace this is literally a piece of Paradise on Earth. The balance of the property carries up the ridge toward the majestic peaks on the South side of Highway 16. Perfect as a small farm or build your dream home. Contact Noel for more info, maps and more photo's noel@noelgyger.ca

Smithers BC - 8 terraced acres of Bulkley River Waterfront. Experience the advantage of natures tranquility only 20 minutes from downtown Smithers, BC. Prime building lot awaits your ideas for development. Proven year round water source. Boat launch access for world class fishing, kayaking, rafting, etc. School bus service available. Recreation waterfront and privacy all at your door step. $175,000 Contact Noel Gyger for detail and more photo's. noel@noelgyger.ca

Kispiox BC - Fishing paradise out your back door, world record steelhead were caught in this fishing hole. 24 acres of rare Kispiox Riverfront and host to the "Cottonwood Hole". Level, benched property part. Flood plain. Value of old homestead at buyers discretion. Prettiest small parcel in the valley. $249,000 Contact Noel Gyger for detail and more photo's. noel@noelgyger.ca

Wanted to Buy

I have a client who is interested in property of 5-10 acres or larger on the Skeena River or one of the tribs, not too far out from Terrace BC. Need winter access, hydro and phone connection, or at least wireless coverage. He wants to be able to walk down to the river with his Spey rod and fish, so Skeena 4 would be ideal, but no farther than USK. If you have larger acreage that is sub-dividable to suit my client please Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca

Contact me anytime noel@noelgyger.ca to post your FOR SALE river or ocean front property. Retirement folks from around the world are looking for this type of investment where they can fish the rest of their lives and still be close to home! There is NO charge for a posting. My FISHING REPORT AND WEBSITE has world wide reach. Monthly average: over 600,000 server requests handled.
View current postings http://www.noelgyger.ca/recreation-reti ... rfront.htm

Hi Noel, I have a client/friend that I’ve been fishing with in the Terrace and Smithers area for the past 10 years. We have been looking recently at land in order to put up a small fishing cabin but we’ve noticed that most land listings in the Terrace area are for large plots. I was wondering if you know of anyone that has a larger plot of land on the Skeena (around Usk would be perfect) that would be interested in subdividing out a section of about 1 or 2 acres. Walking access to Skeena would be nice but not necessary.

I would be able to handle the legal work and associated costs to subdivide, so I just need someone who might be interested in selling off a small piece of their land that they aren’t using. Also, it would need to have vehicle access which we could do by registered right of way across sellers prop if unavailable otherwise. Contact Noel Gyger noel@noelgyger.ca if you have such property and I will put you in contact with the buyer.

B&B’s For Sale

Sooke, BC Ocean Wilderness Inn This breathtaking 4.6 acre oceanfront property boasts a private setting with small creek towering trees and lots of wildlife for photographers and nature lovers. The beautiful walk on waterfront is almost a full mile of private beach. The home offers 9 very large bedrooms with large bathrooms. The fir floors blend into the log theme of the home, everyone who visits feels at ease in this comfortable home. Current owners have done extensive renovations to keep the property in top condition. The home has been featured in several publications and is well known for its great meals, crystal clear water, spectacular gardens and customer service. Enjoy spectacular views from the hot tub. Just a few minutes drive to fabulous salmon fishing and surfing beaches. Contact Noel Gyger for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

Quadra Island, BC Moon Shadows B&B 4500 square foot home on an acre of beautiful gardens, lots of room for toys in barn and storage shed. What a wonderful life choice with the ocean at your door step and fabulous Islands and inlets to discover while sailing or kayaking, fabulous fishing, clamming and oysters. Just a wonderful way to enjoy life while raising your family. Home is fully operational as a B&B, and is being sold with all furnishings, bedding and kitchen tools as the current owners are leaving the province. Contact Noel for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

Sooke, BC Coopers Cove Guest House Beautifully appointed 6 bedroom 7 bathroom waterfront B&B. This spectacular B&B was featured on Oprah for its gourmet cooking classes. Fabulous large professional kitchen, wonderful grounds complete with herb and vegetable gardens, and two hot tubs. Home is steps from the Galloping Goose Trail leading into the heart of Victoria. Contact Noel for more info noel@noelgyger.ca

To view the items currently listed please cast to: http://www.noelgyger.ca/market-place.htm

No Public Halibut Fishing in BC in 2011

In 2003 the federal government gifted in perpetuity 88% of the annual harvest of halibut – a common property resource belong to the people of Canada – to just 436 individuals or businesses. Only 1.2% has been allocated for the over 100,000 public anglers who spend millions collectively each year. Under this unfair policy, public anglers may have to stop fishing for halibut completely by July 2011. Understand this is not a conservation issue – the resource is healthy.

Make your concern know to the Fisheries & Oceans officials who are protecting these special interests.

Write the Minister: Hon. Gail Shea, PC, MP – Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, Parliament Buildings, Wellington Street, Ottawa, ON K1A OA6

For more information see: http://www.sportfishing.bc.ca

Website Sponsors

Redl Sports http://www.redlsports.com
Normark http://www.rapala.ca
Simms http://www.simmsfishing.com
Tuf Line http://www.tuf-line.com
Baitrix http://www.baitrix.com
Pure Fishing http://www.purefishing.com
Ace Line Hauler http://www.acelinehauler.com
Islander Reels http://www.islander.com
Lyman Lures http://www.lymanlures.com
Scotty http://www.scotty.com
Bubba’s Bait Barn http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com
Gibb-Delta http://www.gibbsfishing.com
Shimano http://fish.shimano.com
Power Pro http://powerpro.com
G.Loomis http://www.gloomis.com
Kitimat Lodge http://www.kitimatlodge.com

Advertise on the Noel Gyger Website and Weekly Fishing Report and grow your revenue

Want rates for sponsorship? Just go here http://www.noelgyger.ca/advertise.htm

Check the website stats for yourself: http://www.noelgyger.ca/stats

It is a "good" idea to advertise online because Canadians spend more time on their computers than watching television. They spend 18.1 hours per week online compared with 16.9 hours watching television. Click here to read the survey http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2010/0 ... abits.html

My GOAL is to increase TOURISM
You do not have to be a fishing guide to benefit from advertising on Noel Gyger's website. All tourism businesses, tackle businesses and others will benefit.

over 25 years promoting tourism and fish guiding experience
join your consumers on an angling journey of a lifetime
communicate your unique brand awareness to new and existing consumers
noelgyger.ca provides you with this opportunity with a limited time website advertising offer at reasonable prices
gain an edge over your competitors in this ever-expanding market

Contact information

GOOD LUCK and GOOD FISHING!

Yours sincerely, Noel F. Gyger

Guided Fishing Adventures and Weekly Fishing Report
E-mail: noel@noelgyger.ca
Home Page: http://www.noelgyger.ca
Fishing Reports: http://www.noelgyger.ca/past-fishing-reports.htm
Sign-up for Weekly Fishing Report: http://www.noelgyger.ca/subscribers_form.htm for Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert and Meziadin North
RECORD SALMON & STEELHEAD Spin or fly-fishing
RIVER, LAKE, STREAM or OCEAN!!!
RSS feed News Bulletin http://www.noelgyger.ca/newsbulletin001.xml
RSS feed Itunes Podcast http://www.noelgyger.ca/itunes.xml
Follow Noel Gyger updates on Twitter: http://twitter.com/guided_fishing
"You meet the nicest people on the river banks"

To sign-up to receive these fishing reports to your personal e-mail in-box go here: http://www.noelgyger.ca/subscribers_form.htm

It is NOT too late to book a guided river or ocean trip

RIVER FISHING Lots of day bookings available for Zymoetz (Copper River) in November. BEST fly fishing for Steelhead in the world awaits you. Don’t let the winter weather stop you! Contact Noel to book NOW! noel@noelgyger.ca

OCEAN FISHING Winter Chinook and Crabbing in the Kitimat Harbour is red hot right now. To book warm, covered charter boat please contact Noel Gyger anytime. Phone 250-635-2568 E-mail noel@noelgyger.ca

NOW BOOKING for 2011: Let me know if I can be of service to book you with the "best" fishing guide and/or fishing lodges for both river and ocean. There are NO extra charges to book through me, just a lot of free information and advice from a person with years and years of fishing and fish guiding experience. It is like hiring two guides for the price of one. I will promptly answer your questions and concerns. Contact Noel to book NOW. noel@noelgyger.ca
Attachments
500x375 Skeena River Winter Steelheading. Glen Kilcup of Fish Hawk Guiding reports:<br />&quot;Well despite weather conditions, (it hasn't really been too bad) steelhead are<br />still very aggressive on the bite. Out a few times this week with fishin' buddy Mike<br />Primeau, we both did well using Luhr Jensen http://www.repala.ca planer boards This<br />enables us to troll plugs from shore and position them exactly where we think the<br />fish will be laying as we walk down steam. It's a little bit of a learning curve,<br />but once you master it, and can get past the launching frustrations, the pay off is<br />huge. Steelhead clobber those plugs harder than anything else I believe and it's<br />that initial take that can't be beat! our terminal choice is my ultimate<br />favorite...the Storm Hot N tot http://www.rapala.ca AH139 metallic rainbow trout is<br />my all time choice for many species of fish. Mike had good success with the chrome<br />body black back. The original series is the best as it gives you the option of<br />adjusting the lip for a deeper dive and a harder wiggle. Storm http://www.rapala.ca<br />has introduced a few new looks to the hot n tot line...one of my big producers is<br />the AHM565 pearl ghost. Hot n tots are also great producers for any salmon and most<br />game fish. I also had the pleasure of taking Bruce Miller fishing. He hadn't fished<br />Steelhead since the early 70's and our day was far above double digits. Gibbs<br />http://www.gibbsfishing.com Koho 55 spoons by Gibbs http://www.gibbsfishing.com were<br />obvious winners as the silver with red stripe or flourescent back worked well.<br />Copper was also quite productive. Great days fishing with uncommon opportunities. To<br />book a fully guided fishing trip to catch fish like these just contact Noel Gyger<br />anytime by telephone: 250-635-2568 or e-mail: noel@noelgyger.ca
500x375 Skeena River Winter Steelheading. Glen Kilcup of Fish Hawk Guiding reports:
"Well despite weather conditions, (it hasn't really been too bad) steelhead are
still very aggressive on the bite. Out a few times this week with fishin' buddy Mike
Primeau, we both did well using Luhr Jensen http://www.repala.ca planer boards This
enables us to troll plugs from shore and position them exactly where we think the
fish will be laying as we walk down steam. It's a little bit of a learning curve,
but once you master it, and can get past the launching frustrations, the pay off is
huge. Steelhead clobber those plugs harder than anything else I believe and it's
that initial take that can't be beat! our terminal choice is my ultimate
favorite...the Storm Hot N tot http://www.rapala.ca AH139 metallic rainbow trout is
my all time choice for many species of fish. Mike had good success with the chrome
body black back. The original series is the best as it gives you the option of
adjusting the lip for a deeper dive and a harder wiggle. Storm http://www.rapala.ca
has introduced a few new looks to the hot n tot line...one of my big producers is
the AHM565 pearl ghost. Hot n tots are also great producers for any salmon and most
game fish. I also had the pleasure of taking Bruce Miller fishing. He hadn't fished
Steelhead since the early 70's and our day was far above double digits. Gibbs
http://www.gibbsfishing.com Koho 55 spoons by Gibbs http://www.gibbsfishing.com were
obvious winners as the silver with red stripe or flourescent back worked well.
Copper was also quite productive. Great days fishing with uncommon opportunities. To
book a fully guided fishing trip to catch fish like these just contact Noel Gyger
anytime by telephone: 250-635-2568 or e-mail: noel@noelgyger.ca
500x375 Current Winter Cutthroat Trout.  Photo of the Week: Ariel Kuppers, Jesse<br />Houston and Justin Lowes landed 20 plus Cutthroat Trout. One of the Trout that Ariel<br />landed was 18&quot; long by 10&quot; Girth. They were float fishing with Gibbs<br />http://www.gibbsfishing.com floats and Berkley http://www.purefishing.com 3&quot; Power<br />Bait Worms with Bubba's Bait http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com worms. BTW Jesse also<br />lost a Steelhead. To book a fully guided fishing trip to catch fish like these just<br />contact Noel Gyger anytime by telephone: 250-635-2568 or e-mail: noel@noelgyger.ca
500x375 Current Winter Cutthroat Trout. Photo of the Week: Ariel Kuppers, Jesse
Houston and Justin Lowes landed 20 plus Cutthroat Trout. One of the Trout that Ariel
landed was 18" long by 10" Girth. They were float fishing with Gibbs
http://www.gibbsfishing.com floats and Berkley http://www.purefishing.com 3" Power
Bait Worms with Bubba's Bait http://www.bubbasbaitbarn.com worms. BTW Jesse also
lost a Steelhead. To book a fully guided fishing trip to catch fish like these just
contact Noel Gyger anytime by telephone: 250-635-2568 or e-mail: noel@noelgyger.ca

Return to “Fishing Reports”