Lady Pamela 2 Charters Fort Lauderdale Florida

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
ladypamela2
Outdoorsman

Lady Pamela 2 Charters Fort Lauderdale Florida

Post by ladypamela2 »

Feburary 23, 2012

Today was a great day as I got to fish with my best friend Matt, who also worked as my mate for the day. We were booked for an all day swordfishing trip with Wayne and Richard, and we were looking forward to a cool day out on the water. In prepping for the trip, I discussed the Lady Pamela II boat options with the guys, recommending our 37 foot center console open fishermen. This is a great daytime swordfishing boat because we can get out to the fishing grounds quickly, giving us more fishing time; one of the keys to successful swordfishing.

It wasn’t long after we left the dock that we were making our first drop. As soon as the baits hit the bottom we had a swordfish, and Richard caught the first fish of the day. Throughout the rest of the day we had a few other swordfish bites but no solid hookups. It was with the last hit of the day though, that we had the big hookup! This fish fought tooth and nail until about 500 feet from the boat when it pulled the hook. That’s the ways it goes with fishing, you win some and lose some! We wrapped up the trip with a nice ride home in calm seas, coming across a huge weedline about 5 miles offshore. There were mahi-mahi everywhere and we quickly caught the guys some dinner to round out another great trip! Is wrong to say that I love my job?

xxxxxx.jpg
xxxxxx.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

Tight lines.

http://www.ladypamela2.com

954 761 8045

Return to “Fishing Reports”