Ft Lauderdale fishing report for Happy Day Today

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Ft Lauderdale fishing report for Happy Day Today

Post by topshotfishing »

Welcome to the most recent fishing report for the charter boat Happy Day Today and Topshotfishing team. Mr. & Mrs. Chacho with son Ben and daughter Reeba are chartering us for some deep sea fishing. Another typical gorgeous day here in Fort Lauderdale FL - winds out of the east, northeast, 10-15 mph, seas 3-5 ft. Ben and his sister, Reeba, were on their spring break from college with their parents. Ben made a request to catch some eating fish and a Sailfish.
We purchased live Goggle Eyes from T&T Bait in Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale which I planned to use later on in the charter. We started off trolling on the edge of the drop off in 120 ft. of water with one plainer down with a pink sea witch in front of a double hook Bonito strip, followed by four Ballyhoos for surface baits and a dredge for a teaser. I trolled towards an artificial wreck sitting in 175 ft. of water north of the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL. On our way there, our first fish was a Mahi Mahi weighing 7 lbs. I noticed a board floating in the water – as I approached the board, I could see a couple of Mahi Mahi’s swimming by the board, and we caught those. From there we kept trolling to the north of Fort Lauderdale FL to an area we call “The Palms”. We put up two kites, with two live Goggle Eyes from each kite and one Goggle Eye from the rigger and sat waiting for his arrival (Sailfish). The next couple of fish we caught from the kites were Mahi Mahi’s. Then the black shadow appeared, right short, dorsal out of the water, as he attacked the live bait. Before he could exit the water, another Sailfish appeared on the left short. Double Header – two Sailfish on at the same time!!!!! Ben and his sister were the anglers; they were fit and willing to take on the fight. The first Sailfish to come to the boat was Ben’s – measuring 83” long – pictures were taken. Reeba put all her strength into the fight. As the Sailfish exited the water, we got a good look at him – it was a very large Sailfish. Thirty-five minutes later, the Sailfish was brought to the boat, measuring 92” long and pictures were taken. Reeba was happy to win the long battle since her energy was close to none.
With two Sailfish flags flying and Mahi Mahi’s in the fish box for tonight’s dinner, it was time to head home. Please contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at http://www.topshotfishing.com to further discuss a fishing charter, details, times and availability.

Return to “Fishing Reports”