Fishing Fort lauderdale Tuna Happy Day Today Topshotfishing

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishing Fort lauderdale Tuna Happy Day Today Topshotfishing

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Winds out of the east, southeast at 8-15 mph, blue skies, beautiful weather here in sunny Ft. Lauderdale FL. John Copeland from Scotland, who was visiting his relatives living here in Fort Lauderdale, chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing. As John was the only angler onboard the boat, I knew he would have his hands full, according to the fishing action of the previous day.

We left the dock at Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale FL, and fifteen minutes later we were at the sea buoy sitting in 120 ft. of water, which is the edge of the drop off, with lines in the water. We had two plainers down, both with sea witches, one with a blue and white sea witch and the other with a pink and blue sea witch in front of a double hook Bonito strip. For surface baits we had four Ballyhoos. Our first strike came on one of the plainer rods producing a nice 12 lb. Kingfish. Before he could bring the fish to the boat, the other plainer rod had a fish on. That one produced another nice size Kingfish. I could see some birds working the area to the east of where I was. I started to head towards the birds and the plainer rod had a fish on again – another 10 lb. Kingfish. When I got to the area where the birds were working, I could see the flying fish being chased. Fish on the right long!!!! Fish on the left short!!! Two fish on with just one angler – John had his hands full again. The two 15 lb Bonitos were brought to the boat by John. As he was about to sit back down on the chair, the left long got a strike. As line screamed off the reel, we knew this would be a good size fish. John reeled the fish in closer; I could see him flashing his colors below the surface – a nice size Tuna. Jackson, our mate, gaffed the Tuna and it weighed in at 25 lbs. We kept trolling around in and out of the drop off, catching more Kingfish, Bonitos and Tunas.

With 7 Kingfish, 2 Tunas and 5 Bonitos, we headed back to Ft. Lauderdale FL. For a successful and adventurous deep sea sport fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.nethttp://www.topshotfishing.com

Return to “Fishing Reports”