Fishing Ft. Lauderdale Fl. Happy Day Today Topshotfishing

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishing Ft. Lauderdale Fl. Happy Day Today Topshotfishing

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

With a strong east wind for the past couple of days, blue water pushed in to 80 ft. off of Fort Lauderdale, FL – this was a good indication that Mahi Mahi’s would be close to the drop off feeding.

Mrs. Barns and friends from Rhode Island chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing off of Fort Lauderdale FL. Our objective today was to put diner on the table. We started off trolling with one plainer down with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon; two Ballyhoos, two Bonito strips and a blue and white jap feather were the surface baits. For a teaser, we ran a dredge. As we trolled around the patches of sargassum weed, our first fish was a Mahi Mahi in the 8 lb class. From there we kept catching a few more Mahi Mahi’s, one close to 15 lbs. I headed towards one of the artificial wrecks that sits in 350 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale FL. As I got closer to the wreck, I could see flying fish exiting the waters, a good signal there was fish there. The left rigger came down and at the end of the line was a 12 lb. Bonito. We kept catching more Bonitos and Mahi Mahi’s - there was now plenty of fish for the diner table.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea sport fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.nethttp://www.topshotfishing.com

Return to “Fishing Reports”