Sport fishing Happy Day Today Topshotfishing Ft. lauderdale

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sport fishing Happy Day Today Topshotfishing Ft. lauderdale

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

This day was an important day for Trey Suggett – he celebrated his 10th birthday with brother, Grant, age 13, and Mom and Dad, Beth and Rob, from Indiana aboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing out of Fort Lauderdale FL. As the family boarded the Happy Dad Today, Trey’s enthusiasm was high, as he announced that this was his birthday, and he was looking to catch some fish. I guaranteed Trey an exciting birthday!!

As we left the dock, the sun was shinning. Winds were out of the east, southeast 7-10 mph with a moderate chop. We started off with five surface baits, two Bonito strips with sea witches in front, two Ballyhoos and a jap feather. We also had two deep lines, one with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a blue and white sea witch in front of a double hook Mullet strip. Fifteen minutes later we were at the sea buoy in Ft. Lauderdale FL in 120 ft. of water heading towards one of 34 artificial wrecks. Our first strike came within five minutes, as the plainer rod bent over and here was this 10 year old yelling, “I have a fish on, I have a fish on!!!!” He brought the 15 lb. Bonito to the boat, which was a quarter of his weight, with no help and a smile from ear to ear. We trolled towards the wreck, and the boys kept catching more Bonitos and Tunas. I asked Rob, the father, if he was going to catch any fish, but his reply was that the trip was for the enjoyment of his boys. As soon as the words left his mouth, we had a triple header, and he was forced to be one of the anglers. Their mother, Beth, was their cheerleader and photographer. We wound up this birthday celebration with a total of 13 Bonitos and three Black Fin Tunas.

This ends another successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter on the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team and Captain Zsak out of Fort Lauderdale FL - 954-309-7457 tzsak@bellsouth.nethttp://www.topshotfishing.com

Return to “Fishing Reports”