Fort Lauderdale Shark Fishing Happy Day Today Topshotfishing

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fort Lauderdale Shark Fishing Happy Day Today Topshotfishing

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Jeff Eller from Colorado along with his three sons, Jeff, Jr., Jason, and Jim and a friend, John, chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Ft. Lauderdale FL. That day, they became known as the 5 J’s.

The request was to catch a large fish, since they were accustomed to catching small fish in lakes and streams in Colorado. So my plan was to do some Shark fishing. From our previous charter, we had Kingfish and Bonitos to use as Shark bait. We headed out the inlet towards the south off of Fort Lauderdale FL and headed towards an area I frequently Shark fish in 350 ft. of water. With not enough wind to fly an ultra light kite, we set out three Shark baits, one on the surface, one midrange and one on the bottom. We had little current, so I chose to start fishing close to one of our artificial wrecks. We hung Bonito carcasses on the side of the boat to put more scent in the water. One of the J’s shouted, “Shark” and pointed to the left of the boat, and I could see the dorsal fin belonged to a Porpoise - a whole school of Porpoises were passing by the Happy Day Today to the delight of the 5 J’s.

With two hours remaining in the fishing charter, the current picked up to the north – I knew this was a good indication of things changing. Fifteen minutes later the surface bait pulled out of the rigger. Jeff, Sr. was the angler, and the rest of the J’s along with Jackson, our mate, helped bring in the other Shark baits. A half hour into the battle, this Shark did not know he was hooked yet, as he just swam along freely. Finally the Shark realized he was hooked, screaming line off of the 80 International Reel. An hour an a half later, the fish was brought to the boat, and we could all see how large this Hammerhead Shark was – between 350 and 400 lbs; on our measuring tape, it was 129 inches!!!!! All the young J’s were excited to see this large Shark along the side of the boat. Pictures were taken and the Shark was released.

This ends another successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter on the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team and Captain Zsak out of Fort Lauderdale FL - 954-309-7457 –tzsak@bellsouth.net- http://www.topshotfishing.com

Return to “Fishing Reports”