Sailfish Shark Fishing Topshotfishing Fort Lauderdale

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Sailfish Shark Fishing Topshotfishing Fort Lauderdale

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

A customer of mine that has been fishing with me for the past ten years, Barry Chamberlin, chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing off of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Barry, his wife, son and friend were our four anglers.

We left the dock and twenty minutes later we were 1.8 miles from shore which is the drop off sitting in 120 ft. of water off of Fort Lauderdale FL. This is the advantage to fishing in Fort Lauderdale because from Miami, it is 7 miles to the drop off and in Palm Beach it is 11 miles. We started off trolling with two plainers down, one with a double hook Mullet strip with a pink sea witch in front and the other plainer had a double hook Bonito strip with a white and blue sea witch in front. For surface baits we had four Ballyhoos and one Bonito strip with a ¼ ounce jap feather in front.

As we trolled north of the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale to one of the artificial wrecks that sits in 220 ft. of water, our first fish was a 12 lb. Kingfish on our plainer rod, followed by another 10 lb. Kingfish. As I continued to work the artificial wreck off of Fort Lauderdale, a dorsal fin popped up on the right short Ballyhoo. Sailfish!!!! The Sailfish took a couple of swipes at the Ballyhoo and was unsuccessfully hooked up. The Sailfish was not stung and still looked for food. Then our bonito strip with the jap feather came out of the outrigger. Our mate, Jackson, teased the Sailfish again, this time we had a good hook up. Mr. Chamberlin was the angler on this Sailfish and successfully brought the Sailfish to the boat.

We wanted to target a Shark so I headed towards an area where Sharks congregate. One surface Shark bait, one midrange Shark bait and one bottom Shark bait was our fishing set up. All of a sudden, the surface bait screamed the line off of the reel – it was a nice Hammerhead Shark. Thirty-five minutes later we pulled the hook. Back to the same area with the same set up. This time we had two Sharks on at the same time, one from the midrange bait and the other from the surface bait. Forty minutes later, one Shark was brought to the boat and pictures were taken. Shortly thereafter the hook was pulled on the second Shark. Trolling back to the sea buoy we caught another Kingfish weighing 22 lbs.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea sport fishing charter in South Florida for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Tuna and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net, http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”