Charter Fishing Fort Lauderdale

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Charter Fishing Fort Lauderdale

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Blue skies with temperature in the mid 80’s, winds out of the east 5-10 mph and seas 1-2 ft. – typical gorgeous day in Fort Lauderdale FL. The Stubbs family from Kansas City, MO, father Matt, wife Emily and two children, Patrick age 9 and Haili age 6, chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team for some deep sea sport fishing. As Patrick hopped on board the boat, questions were fired one after the other. “Think big”, I said, “I will try to catch you a big fish.”

My first destination was one of Fort Lauderdale’s artificial wrecks that sit in 222 ft. of water. With two deep lines down and five surface baits, I started working the area. Patrick was at bat first and was rewarded with an 8 lb Bonito. Next angler was his sister, Haili, with a permanent smile on her face – she brought in another Bonito. Dad was next up, followed by Mom – and we added Mahi Mahi’s, Bonitos and a Barracuda to the fish catch. Patrick was waiting for the big fish to arrive, so I told my mate, Dave, to set up for Shark fishing – one surface bait, one midrange bait and one bottom bait, as we sat in 350 ft. of water. Twenty minutes later, our surface bait got a strike, as line peeled off the reel, rod bent over – Matt jumped into the fighting chair. Matt, with the help of Patrick, brought a Golden Hammerhead Shark, approximately 6 ft. long and 80 lbs, to the side of the boat. Pictures were taken and the Shark was released. From there we went back to trolling. Our deep rod bent over, lined screamed off as the rod tip bounced up and down – a sure sign it was a Wahoo. Matt brought the fish closer to the boat, and I could see the vertical blue and silver neon stripes on the fish – it was a Wahoo weighing 26 lbs. Dave gaffed the Wahoo and added it to our fish box. Back to the dock at Bahia Mar at 801 Seabrezee Blvd. 33316

With our fish box full of fish, we headed back to the dock in Fort Lauderdale FL. As Matt was walking off the Happy Day Today, he remark, “I had high expectations for this fishing charter, but you exceeded my expectations – thank you.” For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”