Fishing Fort Lauderdale Charters

Fishing reports for the entire United States coastline and freshwater systems.
topshotfishing
Veteran Outdoorsman

Fishing Fort Lauderdale Charters

Post by topshotfishing »

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Garry Britton and family, wife, and four children, Nickolas 11, Athena 15, Taralee 15 and Nathalie 13 from South Florida chartered the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to celebrate Athena’s 15th birthday by going on a deep sea fishing charter here in Fort Lauderdale FL.

They wanted to catch eating fish, so in twenty minutes we were in the fishing ground, the drop off, in 120 ft of water off of Fort Lauderdale FL. We put two plainers down – a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon on one and a double hook Bonito strip with a blue and white sea witch in front in the other with four Bonito strip baits and a yellow jap feather for surface baits. I worked the reefs in and out from 250 ft. of water into 70 ft. and back out again, catching Kingfish, Bonitos and Barracudas on the surface and plainer rods. We had double and triple fish on at the same time – which made it very exciting in the cockpit – with one line going over and under the others. From there I headed offshore and found a sargassum weed line in 600 ft. of water hoping for some Mahi Mahi’s to appear, but with no luck I headed towards one of our artificial wrecks that sits in 410 ft. of water north of Fort Lauderdale FL, hoping to find a Wahoo lurking out there. Instead we caught a few Mahi Mahi’s.

With a total of 17 Bonitos, 2 Mahi Mahi’s, 4 Kingfish and 4 Barracudas, we headed back to the dock in Fort Lauderdale FL. As the action was hot and heavy for the majority of the trip, the birthday cake brought on board the boat was never touched, which I am sure with the fish dinner tonight. Back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801Seabrezee Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: http://www.topshotfishing.com.

Return to “Fishing Reports”